Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Upper Chesapeake Bay Club Moderator RiverRatMD's Avatar
    Nothing like that for tidal....At least for me - I get most of my yellow perch using small plastic grubs on small jig heads in 3 - 10 foot of water (depending on where you are). I like fishing the outside of boat docks/between boat docks, drop offs from 3 to 10 foot are good too. The bigger yellow perch usually show-up like clock work the end of Dec through early Feb. Last year was not so good. Most years are good. Some years are simply awesome.
    Gambler 2200 / PRoCraft 180 / Roughneck Jet / Mercury 250XB, 175 / Evinrude 50

2. Member
    Things are not looking good for next week,we always look forward to get a few guys for the Thanksgiving weekend to maybe have that last Tournament. I will tell you the Sassafrass was lit up this Fall with quite a few 5 to 7lb fish,largest just shy of 8lb. Last 2 club events 3rd place was around 16lb. I guess if the wind lays down, off to the Rips for big Stripers. Has been a long weekend catching them from the couch. Steve M

3. Upper Chesapeake Bay Club Moderator RiverRatMD's Avatar
    The ramp is iced-up on the Gunpowder!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRatMD View Post
    The ramp is iced-up on the Gunpowder!!!!!
    That sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Larry, Get the Net!!!!!"

http://www.mareinc.com/

Ice is starting to form on the small ponds here. March can't come soon enough!

Thinking about a trip on Friday.....I was thinking heading to the Susky and try for the smallies....opinions?
    Boatless

Or spoon for the LM around deeper docks
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by tdt91 View Post
    Or spoon for the LM around deeper docks
    Do you mean in the susky?
    Boatless

9. Upper Chesapeake Bay Club Moderator RiverRatMD's Avatar
    Yep....spoon is one way. I still crankbait and Jig for them. On the Susky for smallies.....the humps and ridges!!! Jigs, Grubs, crankbaits, silver buddies!!!

I just hope I can find at least one for my 13yr old.....all he wants to do is catch a smallie!!!
    Boatless

Quote Originally Posted by nojretlas View Post
    Do you mean in the susky?

thats right, the susky around HdG.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

Went this morning. 1 small yellow perch. I didn't try too hard though. I am in MR Bass. I will post details as I get them about the flea market. I want to say we plan it for March, but it is being discussed at the next club meeting.

13. Upper Chesapeake Bay Club Moderator RiverRatMD's Avatar
    Sure is quiet 'round these parts.... maybe A Little cabin fever setting in?

14. Banned
    Sure is that time of year! I usually work OT in Jan/Feb just to pass time lol.

Cabin Fever has been set in for me for about 4 weeks! At least winter bow will keep me occupied. Can't wait for March!

i fish all winter as long as we have liquid

Around my neck of the woods the lakes are either frozen or about to be.

18. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Cabin fever is definitely settin in. I'm hoping for a nice 50 degree day. I might be waiting awhile.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12