Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What we do at Jones TrollingMotor Services

Did you know that Jones Trolling Motor does more than just trolling motors. As a dealer/ASC for MinnKota, we also sell/repair Talons and sell the MinnKota chargers. We are a dealer and authorized service center and certified installer for Garmin and their Force Trolling motor, Lowrance and their Ghost Trolling motor, and Motorguide, but what many don't know is we are also a dealer for Powerpole, Humminbird, Bass Boat Technologies, DualPro, Tournament Saver Pro, Blue Seas, Teleflex (Seastar solutions), Interstate and Lithium Pros batteries.
    We build wiring harnesses, mostly for depth finders and trolling motors but can build most any harness for other marine applications.

If you have any questions, or need assistance, please call us at 870 773 3474

Thanks
    John
    Last edited by Jonestrollingmotor; 01-09-2020 at 09:44 AM.
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

2. Member
    You forgot to mention all the help you give us....... THANK YOU!
    BILLY. 1995 202DCX ELITE TEAM FATBOY
    & 2000 tracker PT185
    2015 Fish count
    Days on the Water =5.
    Big fish 1-5.5
    Big fish 2-5.00000
    Big fish 3-4.0
    Big fish 4-3.0smallmouth
    Big fish 5-@2.50

3. Member
    Wow open a shop in southern California!!!!

4. Member
    Wish you were closer to Nashville!

I will only deal with John on my trolling motor parts. I called for some parts on a Monday and the parts were on my porch Tuesday when I got off work.

6. Member
    John, do you know of a reputable service center for motorguide in the California area... Specifically central valley around Modesto CA, 95350... I need some repair/service

7. Member
    PM sent

8. Member
    what is the difference between a bow mount maxxuum and fortrex? Also, does anyone sell just a new mounting bracket for a maxxuum 80. Mine is really getting sloppy .

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jig N Pig View Post
    what is the difference between a bow mount maxxuum and fortrex? Also, does anyone sell just a new mounting bracket for a maxxuum 80. Mine is really getting sloppy .
    If you're comparing trollingmotors: ie 80# vs 80# (Maxxum doesn't come in a 112 and Fortrex doesn't come in smaller than an 80#), there is not a difference in trolling motors, just the mount and bow guard. I can get you the Maxxum or the MaxPro mount.
    John
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    [/SIGPIC]

10. Member
    John,
    I looked at a schematic for my maxxum Pro 80 and could you pm me with some prices of these 3 parts?
    Part #42 Bowmount. Part #39 lower arm assembly. An I may need Part # 36 upper arm.

I need to decide if I want to fix it or replace it. Also, I cannot get the shoulder bolts out. are they put in with locktite?

11. Member
    Yes, they are in there with locktite (blue). I'll get you prices later today. Thanks
    John
    Friday 8am-12pm
    [/SIGPIC]

12. Member
    I know you are a busy guy, but I could use some info to help make a major decision. Prices.
    Mine is a 208 and I fish at minimum 4 days a week for 6 months in Minnesota and Wisconsin. it gets used.
    Are newer motors stronger than older ones, or is 80# 80#no matter the age.

13. Member
    Customer Service is 1st class and John has a wealth of knowledge concerning electronics,which is something you just don't get much of when ordering online from the big box stores.

14. Member
    John,
    I looked at a schematic for my maxxum Pro 80 and could you pm me with some prices of these 3 parts?
    Part #42 Bowmount. Part #39 lower arm assembly. An I may need Part # 36 upper arm.

I need to decide if I want to fix it or replace it. Also, I cannot get the shoulder bolts out. are they put in with locktite?
    I can get these parts, but to get prices I need the shaft length of the trolling motor. There are two different mounts, one for the 42/45" shaft and one for the 52/62" shaft.
    Thanks
    John
    Friday 8am-12pm
    [/SIGPIC]

15. Member
    I know you are a busy guy, but I could use some info to help make a major decision. Prices.
    Mine is a 208 and I fish at minimum 4 days a week for 6 months in Minnesota and Wisconsin. it gets used.
    Are newer motors stronger than older ones, or is 80# 80#no matter the age.
    As a motor ages, it "can" get weaker due to connections, magnets, wiring, control board, and prop condition. It can be checked by taking an amp reading with the motor in the water and the trolling motor on high.
    John
    Friday 8am-12pm
    [/SIGPIC]

16. Member
    John,
    The shaft is a 42".
    Where s the best place to check amperage on my TM?
    Will do it as soon as I get on t water.
    Thanks for the help.

17. Member
    At wide open, it can be check on the positive wire, between the battery and the positive cable.
    John
    Friday 8am-12pm
    [/SIGPIC]

18. Member
    Joh, Mike Aiello here I am installing talon from you on 2010 z7 nitro. Looking for advice on mounting do I use to top holes or bottom on the bracket,

19. Member
    You can use either. Look at how the arms are going to be effected by the sponsons on the boat. I like to use the lower holes if possible to raise the mount as high as I can. then adjust the depth of the Talon at the Talon mounting bracket (the bracket that mounts the Talon to the JP bracket arm)
    John
    Friday 8am-12pm
    [/SIGPIC]

20. Member
    I have a Minn Kota Maxxum 65 24v I have no low speed below 70 on the dial I checked for line under the prop it was minimal did not change anything. Are these motors repairable

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast