Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Yes
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

2. Member
    Need help I have a 2002 motorguide digital tour 109# I have 36v all the way to the lower unit but it will not spin, it has been sitting for 0/11 months worked perfectly before sitting. Any ideas please, thanks! I have already pulled lower unit apart , put a meter on it and got 40v at the brush card ass.
    Last edited by Tridgill; 05-17-2015 at 12:19 PM.

3. Member
    Welcome to the boards. This isn't the proper way to troubleshoot. You're just reading battery voltage, which a single strand of wire could carry. You have to check voltage when under a load before you can determine if you're getting proper voltage. Reassemble, then check the voltage on the red and black wire in the head of the trollingmotor while the motor is set to constant. If it still has 36+ volts, give me a call and I'll talk you through more troubleshooting.
    John
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    [/SIGPIC]

e mail sent

5. Member
    I have a Mercury Thruster trolling motor. The foot control has 4 speeds but 1 and 2 don't work anymore. Any quick thoughts or advice? BTW I live a fur piece from youall! Thanks!

6. Member
    Best advice is it's time for a new trolling motor. There are no parts available for yours. Even if you go through the troubles of diagnosing, there is no parts unless you find something else used on one of the "for sale" sights, then you get used parts which you already have.
    John
    Friday 8am-12pm
    [/SIGPIC]

7. Member
    Thank you John

HI John,

I also have MG digital tour 109 - 36 volt and the speed control on the food pedal just spins and spins. It's stuck on medium speed and I can seem to adjust. Seems like an easy fix. Would I need a replacement part or do you know a quick fix? Thanks!

9. Member
    Sounds like the knob is stripped and not allowing the potentiometer to turn. If so, replaceing the knob is the solution. We have them in stock.
    John
    Friday 8am-12pm
    [/SIGPIC]

10. Member
    I have a 2011 Terrova 80 I-pilot with a 54 inch shaft. I use mine trolling for crappie and need a longer shaft when in the back of the boat. I know some of the newer Terrova offer a 72 inch shaft. Is it possible to go to this length with my motor. If not can you give me the price for a 60 inch replacement and any other parts I would need.

Thank you,
    Don

11. Member
    Don, on a Terrova, you don't change shafts. You order the shaft already bonded to the center section of the lower unit. They all come the same length but don't remember if it's 72 or 60" -- I'm thinking it's 72". To do yours, you will also have to redo the wiring. Give me a call and we can talk pricing.
    John
    870 773 3474
    Friday 8am-12pm
    [/SIGPIC]

12. Member
    John,
    What is the recommended method of wiring a TM, direct, or us a plug-in? It seems most newer boats are being wired direct, but my older boat is plug-in. Just wonder if I need to change mine.
    X

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SkeetRJ View Post
    John,
    What is the recommended method of wiring a TM, direct, or us a plug-in? It seems most newer boats are being wired direct, but my older boat is plug-in. Just wonder if I need to change mine.
    Both have their advantages and disadvantages. Mine has a plug. If it ain't broke now, I wouldn't "fix" it. However, when you get to having plug issues, consider direct wiring. When you do, you will need a way to disconnect at the batteries. A manual disconnect breaker will do this.
    John
    Friday 8am-12pm
    [/SIGPIC]

14. Member
    Thanks John.
    I will leave well enough alone for now since all is working well.
    X

15. Member
    I called in for some information about my Minn Kota today. John was very giving of his time, knowledge and experience. If you have a problem or some business to give, John is your guy!

Thanks John!
    Neal

16. Member
    A real professional. fast shipping cheap prices and was happy to help when I had issues with the install. which was my fault. highly recommend them few companies like this left in our country! Thanks

17. Member
    I currently have a two bank Duel charger, and a third battery so wondering if I should get new three banks or just add a single bank?

18. Member
    That's your call. A new three bank will take up less room than your two bank and a single bank, but a single bank will be less expensive at this time.
    Friday 8am-12pm
    [/SIGPIC]

19. Member
    My Minn Kota Maxxum 101 started making a grinding noise a couple of trips ago. I removed the prop and had a tough time due to the pin being bent. If I keep it on continuous at a low speed the sound all but goes away but will return if I turn it off or put it on a higher speed. Could the pin be the problem or do you think it will be more in depth? I tried to remove the pin but it didn't want to come out. I didn't want to force the issue and tear it up on a Friday evening.

20. Member
    A bent pin will cause noise.
    Friday 8am-12pm
    [/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast