Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Injector Removal

Can anyone list the steps on how to remove the injectors on a Merc 250 Pro XB. I want to send them off to Brucato to be serviced...

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderCat View Post
    Can anyone list the steps on how to remove the injectors on a Merc 250 Pro XB. I want to send them off to Brucato to be serviced...
    Several tips on YouTube. It looks simple to me. Just remove fuel injector rail unhook injector from wire plug connector and they pull right out. I would check with Don but I think he wants them labeled so you put them back into same slot after service.

Sent from my iPad
    Last edited by scottcr; 11-19-2013 at 08:43 PM.

3. Banned
    Thanks. As long as the mercury ones work the same way that is simple enough.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    While the video above may actually picture the same injectors- removal from your XB is quite different from the Yamaha utilized in the video.

On your XB... I strongly recommend removing the entire intake assembly (complete with the brass fuel-line flange INTACT), and sending it in for service. This way, when it's returned, you'll know there are no leaking seals WITHIN the intake.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Banned
    Thanks Don!

6. Banned
    1.) hook boat to truck

2.) drive 81 south

3.) drive 77 south

4.) drive 85 souyh

5.) stop in Greenville sc

6.) drop trailer

no worries on your part. :)

7. Upper Chesapeake Bay Club Moderator RiverRatMD's Avatar
    ?

Send me your E-mail Addy in a PM Tyler.....I'll send you a PDF on the XB fuel system. When I pull mine at UJ's I plan on making a video of the process.
    Gambler 2200 / PRoCraft 180 / Roughneck Jet / Mercury 250XB, 175 / Evinrude 50

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverRatMD View Post
    ?

Send me your E-mail Addy in a PM Tyler.....I'll send you a PDF on the XB fuel system. When I pull mine at UJ's I plan on making a video of the process.
    Hope your able to get the video done soon.. I brought up the idea of someone doing a "how to" video on the Merc intake removal process a while back. Wanting to get mine removed and sent off to Don right after Christmas holidays..

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sterling View Post
    1.) hook boat to truck

2.) drive 81 south

3.) drive 77 south

4.) drive 85 souyh

5.) stop in Greenville sc

6.) drop trailer

no worries on your part. :)
    only if Lee wasn't 6.5 hours closer! Lol

10. Upper Chesapeake Bay Club Moderator RiverRatMD's Avatar
    pdf sent

11. Upper Chesapeake Bay Club Moderator RiverRatMD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VictorM. View Post
    Hope your able to get the video done soon.. I brought up the idea of someone doing a "how to" video on the Merc intake removal process a while back. Wanting to get mine removed and sent off to Don right after Christmas holidays..
    I'll be running a video camara on the process as we're doing several this winter (most likely Dec 13-16th), so coming soon. Will be doing two videos for 3.0L - One on the XB (4 butterfly intake) and one on a 225 EFI (downdraft). A third will be on the regular Mercury Forum and will be a 2.5L 200 Efi.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverRatMD View Post
    I'll be running a video camara on the process as we're doing several this winter (most likely Dec 13-16th), so coming soon. Will be doing two videos for 3.0L - One on the XB (4 butterfly intake) and one on a 225 EFI (downdraft). A third will be on the regular Mercury Forum and will be a 2.5L 200 Efi.
    Awesome... Mine is a 3.0L 200EFI..

Also will you be doing the reinstall as part of the video.. My main concern is getting the TPS set correctly after reinstalling the intake system..

13. Banned
    This will be great! I hope to be in town for this, if I haven't already tried myself.

14. ZO6
    I would love to have a video of how to remove injectors and fuel rail. I went by Dons shop and luckily for me he was removing a fuel rail and injectors and kindly allowed me to observe. I admit after I got home I was intimidated and have not attempted even though I would like to send my injectors and rail to Don. I only live 860 mi from Dons shop so it's not like I can pop in and out! A video would give me confidence for my 250 XS.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ZO6 View Post
    I would love to have a video of how to remove injectors and fuel rail. I went by Dons shop and luckily for me he was removing a fuel rail and injectors and kindly allowed me to observe. I admit after I got home I was intimidated and have not attempted even though I would like to send my injectors and rail to Don. I only live 860 mi from Dons shop so it's not like I can pop in and out! A video would give me confidence for my 250 XS.
    i have a 2006 proxs how do you remove the injectors big difference from the yamie?

Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    While the video above may actually picture the same injectors- removal from your XB is quite different from the Yamaha utilized in the video.

On your XB... I strongly recommend removing the entire intake assembly (complete with the brass fuel-line flange INTACT), and sending it in for service. This way, when it's returned, you'll know there are no leaking seals WITHIN the intake.
    Excellent suggestion. The XB is a little tricky & the manual doesn't show it.
    Sea Ray Laguna 180
    Mercury 115

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscatpuma06 View Post
    i have a 2006 proxs how do you remove the injectors big difference from the yamie?
    The fuel injectors are straight forward, unplug, remove retainer, pop out. Now the air or DIs, you have to remove the fuel rail. As I recently learned, if youre doing the fuel, do the directs, as apparently, its the DIs that cause the most issues. I removed mine myself, its actually pretty straight forward. While my injectors were being cleaned, I cleaned the rails and all the connecting hoses. Check the tracker valve (diaphram in the silver housing) in the starboard rail and the regulators in the port rail(silver housing). I will say that one of the regulators in that port rail has a REALLY stiff spring and is a bear to reinstall. Im glad I did, because I had some FILTH in some of these lines. The rails had some fouling, but the hoses had quite a bit contamination. I ordered the O ring sets and replaced all o rings, there are 2 size orings used on the connectors. Overall, it was actually a pretty simple process.

18. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by basscatpuma06 View Post
    STRONGLY recommend against attempting to remove any components from the fuel rails. Components here are very costly... and can be easily damaged.

Additionally- it's wise to have the RAILS cleaned and serviced at the same time injectors are done. BEST method:

-Remove fuel rails with ALL HOSES STILL ATTACHED TO RAILS.

-Remove DIRECT injectors, wrap them in bubble-wrap.

-Drain fuel from rails, and wrap them well in bubble-wrap.

-Double box components, and download an injector service request form: EUROPEAN MARINE, LLC

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Old message thread I know..

Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    STRONGLY recommend against attempting to remove any components from the fuel rails. Components here are very costly... and can be easily damaged.

Additionally- it's wise to have the RAILS cleaned and serviced at the same time injectors are done. BEST method:

-Remove fuel rails with ALL HOSES STILL ATTACHED TO RAILS.

-Remove DIRECT injectors, wrap them in bubble-wrap.

-Drain fuel from rails, and wrap them well in bubble-wrap.

-Double box components, and download an injector service request form: EUROPEAN MARINE, LLC
    Still offering this service ? If so..what is the cost?

Thanks for any info
    Basscat P4

20. Member
    ...and don't forget when shipping to insure for the cost of COMPLETE replacement of the entire system, should your carrier of choice lose your valuable package.

It does happen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast