Anyone know there drum sets?

My sis law wants to buy my brother a drum set and wants me to check these out http://southjersey.craigslist.....html is this a good deal?

Re: Anyone know there drum sets? (BigDaddyBassNJ)

Cash is king - I'd offer $750 to start. I'm no drummer, but that is no toy setup. Seems like they are in need of cash quick.
    Ranting incoherently

3. Member

Re: Anyone know there drum sets? (bilgerat)

pearl and zildjian are good names in the business.
    Question everything!

That sounds like a good deal to me. I think condition would be the only thing you would need to concern yourself with.

5. Member

Re: Anyone know there drum sets? (Blazer1)

Yeah I am gonna check em out, my brother used to play pretty hardcore back in the day, he is turning 50 and my sister in law wants to hook him up with a set. I know enough as far as the names are good products but at what level , like shimano is it a calais or citica level?

I think the $3500 cost seems accurate. I'm sure there are more expensive sets out there but for the money, that seems like a smoking deal. Good names but I don't know enough about them to say if they are tops in their brand. I think they're up there though.

7. Member

There is no way he has $3500 in that set. Do a search for drum kits and see what you can get for that price. For $3500 you can get a set of Gretch that are made in USA. For $1000 you can get a NEW set of just about any 5 or 6 piece Ludwig or Pearl drum kits with stands and cymbals. You can get Gretch but not their highest quality kits.

2005 G3 HP200 DC with 200hp V-MAX OX66
    68.8 gps at 5600 rpm best speed yet

8. Member

There is no way he has $3500 in that set. Do a search for drum kits and see what you can get for that price. For $3500 you can get a set of Gretch that are made in USA. For $1000 you can get a NEW set of just about any 5 or 6 piece Ludwig or Pearl drum kits with stands and cymbals. You can get Gretch but not their highest quality kits.

http://www.americanmusical.com...n=non

2005 G3 HP200 DC with 200hp V-MAX OX66
    68.8 gps at 5600 rpm best speed yet

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/i..._.jpg

This is what I'm looking to buy and give my smaller electric drums to my son. This set can be bought for under $900.00.
    Additional hardware you would need is be a bass pedal, seat and amp/headphones.
    1996 ProCraft 185 DC Pro, Mercury EFI 150

That is a helluva deal since the cymbals are included. If they weren't I would not touch it for that price. If you were to purchase the cymblas new they would cost more than that alone. The drum kit by its self with no hardware is around $2200-$2500.

Modified by RipNLips at 8:50 AM 2/5/2012

Re: Anyone know there drum sets? (RipNLips)

<table width="90%" cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 align=center><tr><td>Quote, originally posted by RipNLips &raquo;</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">That is a helluva deal since the cymbals are included. If they weren't I would not touch it for that price. If you were to purchase the cymblas new they would cost more than that alone. The drum kit by its self with now hardware is around $2200-$2500. </td></tr></table>

^^^^^ This ^^^^^

I think it is a good deal but like someone said this is not a toy set of drums.
    Greg Haberkorn (Habby)
    2018 Ranger Z521L
    2020 250 Mercury Pro XS - 2B738680

12. Member

That's a steal for that level of kit...you have to get to the upper end Pearl kits (Session, Reference, Masters) to get to the quality. Their lower end/entry level stuff is not much to write home about. Not to mention the hardware, which is not cheap, regardless of brand.

Don't know how accomplished you bro is, but regardless, that's not a kit he's likely to have to upgrade, unless he turns pro and starts to record and/or tour.

If you do some research you'll find it hard to come up with just the shell pack for that kind of coin.

13. Member

Re: Anyone know there drum sets? (j6824)

Thanks for the help.

14. Member

You would spend 1/2 of what they are asking just to buy the cases new. This is not an entry level kit. I worked at a Music Store for 10 years. If every thing is in "OK" condition this is a great deal. Look for crack or warped cymbals and over all condition of the shells. At this price the heads will prob need to be replaced, but that a normal wear item. If this was in the store i worked at i would have split the kit and been able to prob able to double my money selling it seperate " Shells, hardware, cymbals, ect...".

vorbeck23
    2009 Stratos 186
    2009 ETEC 115

15. Member

You cant beat that price but i would offer $800. Being a drummer for over 30 years i know the KIt and hard wear real well jump on it