Question for Rick at Bass Cat

On the Yar-Craft boats,I remember reading in Bass & Walleye magazine about their lay up process a few years back. Have you incorporated Bass Cats vacuum compression process in the lay up or are you useing the former lamination process ? I cannot remember where the Yar-Craft manufacturing facility was originally located, could you refresh my memory ? Thank You to Bass Cat for all you do.

We have started using the vacuum process as volumes in multi species are lower than bass boats. The process is complicated and we have to figure out which models have enough volume to recover the investment. We have begun using vinyl ester resins on about 60% of the hull and deck, on 209 and 219 TFX models.

The former lamination schedule was scrapped and we have increased the raw materials quality. Corey had great intentions at Wausau though materials were not easy to come by. Without our bass volumes the production line is limited. We could not sustain the production level necessary to sustain continuance on only Yar-Craft.

Hope this answers your question and we don't know how we missed this thread.

The production was in Wausau, WI when we purchased it, prior to that both Dahlman and Schutte produced in Menominee.

3. Member
    Thanks ! Kept checking back time to time I know you're busy.