Question California delta

I just moved to Modesto and I need some bass and striper fishing tips for the delta in the Stockton area.

2. Member
    You have moved to one of the best fisheries in the country. Right now the delta is fishing pretty tough for bass now but is pretty good for stripers. The stripers are starting to feed now on the shad and other bait fish. What I would do is start looking for some flats that are holding the bait fish and use some top water baits, swimbaits and and lipless crankbaits. Look for birds working an area and you'll find the stripers. Another area you can work is the port of stockton. Search around with your electronics and when you find them start spooning for them and that could make for some fun fishing.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HawgCatcher View Post
    You have moved to one of the best fisheries in the country. Right now the delta is fishing pretty tough for bass now but is pretty good for stripers. The stripers are starting to feed now on the shad and other bait fish. What I would do is start looking for some flats that are holding the bait fish and use some top water baits, swimbaits and and lipless crankbaits. Look for birds working an area and you'll find the stripers. Another area you can work is the port of stockton. Search around with your electronics and when you find them start spooning for them and that could make for some fun fishing.
    Thanks for the advice I appreciate it

4. Member
    If you can, hire cooch for the day. Money well spent .
    BILLY. 1995 202DCX ELITE TEAM FATBOY
    & 2000 tracker PT185
    2015 Fish count
    Days on the Water =5.
    Big fish 1-5.5
    Big fish 2-5.00000
    Big fish 3-4.0
    Big fish 4-3.0smallmouth
    Big fish 5-@2.50