Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cost to re-carpet?

Wondered how much you guys have spent on average to re-carpet a boat? I have a TR21 that is in real need of some new carpet. I was looking at it being a winter project but may have to put it off till next year depending on cost.

2. Member
    I did a 1994 Bass Cat Eyra (18 foot). I did the boat as well as in all lockers and under seats also and flipping deck. I got my carpet from Bass Cat and the adhesive from the hardware store. $500.

Did mine for less than 200.
    1997 Charger 186 TF
    1997 Yamaha ProV 175

4. Member
    Did a Ranger 354v for 300

5. Member
    I just completed my "new carpet" project on my TR186. The true cost was: carpet pre-cut $ 300, glue $39/gallon used on decks, contact cement $ 25 used on lids. carpet knife and blades, around $ 15 - $ 20. Acetone, xylene, Goof-off add another $ 60. (found out the xylene worked best). Rubber gloves, paper towels, plastic sheet, glue spreading trowl, add another $ 30. Replacement screws for lids $ 10. Rubber trim for deck and cockpit floor area from C&M/Triton was $ 30. Recreational spirits for after each evenings work, $ 50. I took my time, replaced the carpet over a three week period. Total cost was around $ 550. Joy when completed priceless. Of course I then purchased all new seats from C&M so add a lot more $$ In the end, I have a boat that looks brand-new.

6. Member
    Check out board sponsor BassBoatSeats.com for carpet and glue.

Right now, get 20% off your order by combining 10% fall sale (limited time) + 10% BBC discount ('BBC10' code). Also, FREE shipping.

- 8' x 20' section of 20 oz. carpet = $184 (w/discount)
    - 8' x 25' section of 20 oz. carpet = $232 (w/discount)

- 8' x 20' section of 16 oz. carpet = $152 (w/discount)
    - 8' x 25' section of 16 oz. carpet = $192 (w/discount)

A board sponsor, and they offer three grades and multiple colors of carpet.

7. Member
    KBush, How long will that sale last??
    2006 Ranger Z20

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by teambranham View Post
    KBush, How long will that sale last??
    For sure through October 31st. It may be extended to Thanksgiving...but why roll the dice :)
    Last edited by KBush; 10-17-2013 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Updated sale details

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MYRX View Post
    I just completed my "new carpet" project on my TR186. The true cost was: carpet pre-cut $ 300, glue $39/gallon used on decks, contact cement $ 25 used on lids. carpet knife and blades, around $ 15 - $ 20. Acetone, xylene, Goof-off add another $ 60. (found out the xylene worked best). Rubber gloves, paper towels, plastic sheet, glue spreading trowl, add another $ 30. Replacement screws for lids $ 10. Rubber trim for deck and cockpit floor area from C&M/Triton was $ 30. Recreational spirits for after each evenings work, $ 50. I took my time, replaced the carpet over a three week period. Total cost was around $ 550. Joy when completed priceless. Of course I then purchased all new seats from C&M so add a lot more $$ In the end, I have a boat that looks brand-new.
    This is just about right on except that the recreational spirits costs was much higher. I did padding under my carpet and that added about $200.

The he local boat shop wanted $1800 to recarpet without a pad.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STRETCH1 View Post
    This is just about right on except that the recreational spirits costs was much higher.

Wow that is a lot less than some guys around here were telling me! Where did you get the pad for the front deck? I like that idea too.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Wow that is a lot less than some guys around here were telling me! Where did you get the pad for the front deck? I like that idea too.
    They also have a reasonable amount of Birdsong adhesive for your mats. Before you had to buy it in bulk. Use Birdsong Adhesive between your deck and the pad then normal carpet glue between the pad and the carpet. The reason for the Birdsong Adhesive is normal carpet glue will not set up under the pad.

We-Sell-Carpet-Padding

13. Member
    I bought 20oz carpet from Bassboatseats.com. I bought my deck padding from foamforyou.com. I bought enough padding for the front and back decks. I paid $80 for the padding. Ive got a little over $300 in mine total. I also used 3M High Strength 90 spray adhesive, a little more pricy but it was clean and easy. Just spray it on and stick it.

I was quoted $2,000 to have my carpet done without padding and my seats redone. I did it for less than $600. Well worth the savings to do it yourself. This was my first big project. It wasn't that bad.
    Josh Hathcoat
    Claremore, OK.
    2009 Ranger 208VX
    Yamaha 225 HPDI Series 2

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jhathcoa View Post
    I bought 20oz carpet from Bassboatseats.com. I bought my deck padding from foamforyou.com. I bought enough padding for the front and back decks. I paid $80 for the padding. Ive got a little over $300 in mine total. I also used 3M High Strength 90 spray adhesive, a little more pricy but it was clean and easy. Just spray it on and stick it.

I was quoted $2,000 to have my carpet done without padding and my seats redone. I did it for less than $600. Well worth the savings to do it yourself. This was my first big project. It wasn't that bad.
    Congrats on getting it done, saving lots of $$$, and for your business! What foam did you purchase from foamforyou.com? Was it EZ-Dry ?

15. Member
    hello KBush was wondering why i cant bring up BassBoat Seats.com are they still in buisness,want to buy carpet,from them?

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Bass View Post
    hello KBush was wondering why i cant bring up BassBoat Seats.com are they still in buisness,want to buy carpet,from them?
    Is there a problem between the monitor and the keyboard?

Bass Boat Seats - Free Same Day Shipping. Replacement Bass Boat Bench Seats, Fishing Seats, Bass Boat Seats For Sale

17. Member
    Just thinking out loud. Has anyone just glued down the pad and said hell with carpet? It works for many other applications. And your hooks wont get stuck in the carpet.

18. Member
    No carpet might work as long as you find padding that can stand up to UV rays. Would be intersted to see if anyone has done this as well.

Thanks, Big Daddy Bass for considering BassBoatSeats.com! Sorry for the difficulty navigating to the website and a thank you to Strech1 for the link! Otherwise click on the BassBoatSeats.com logo in my signature to get there too!

The link was down yesterday morning because I needed to order more vinyl.

20. Member
    2002 TR 21 carpeted with Bass Cat 24 oz / fully padded boat with pro-tec padding/ Birdsong adhesives/ acetone, blades, New trim molding throughout entire boat/ Hours of scraping and sore hands at just under $1000.00 but considering how much my boat is worth to me and what I paid for it originally its a small price to pay and its done better than any shop could have possibly done. Piece of mind knowing its done correctly and not going to have problems as the craftsmanship these days is poor is priceless to me!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast