Alumacraft Dominator 175 CS 2XB Hull

Has anyone owned one of these or know anything about them? I am going to look at one that is for sale. Looks good in the photos, but I have never seen one in person. I am looking for a boat that I can fish out of in fairly rough water. This boat appears to have a deep V with a tall freeboard.

I have a bass boat right now and three of the last four trips out, I had water coming over the bow in what I would consider moderate chop while we were spot locked on standing timber out in the middle of the lake. It was white-capping but just barely. The bass boat is just too low to the water for the way I fish most of the time.

Wayne

2. Banned
    I had a similar boat. I owned a new 2011 Competitor 175CS. It handled rough water very well, and I NEVER had water come over the bow while on TM, up on Lake Erie in 3-4 ft'ers. Not even close! VERY nice boats! The 2XB hull is a freakin beast of a hull! As good as a hull as a Lund for sure!

3. Member
    Thank you, Sir. I am going to at least look at it.

Wayne

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PolarKraft195 View Post
    I had a similar boat. I owned a new 2011 Competitor 175CS. It handled rough water very well, and I NEVER had water come over the bow while on TM, up on Lake Erie in 3-4 ft'ers. Not even close! VERY nice boats! The 2XB hull is a freakin beast of a hull! As good as a hull as a Lund for sure!
    2XB Alumacraft vs the IPS2 Lund. Sold alot of both style hulls. I would give the Lund the #1 spot. The Alumacraft rides heavy and sluggish but does have a tough section of hull.