USA In the market for a new boat

I'm looking to upgrade to a bigger boat for the upcoming year and am looking into a Phoenix 619/719. I live in Michigan and will be fishing out on the Great Lakes as well as large inland lakes. Was wondering how well the 619/719 handles bigger water. I'm going from a Javelin Renegade 18 which is a 17 1/2ft boat and my biggest complaint in that boat is how narrow it is. So at this point anything is going to be an upgrade but I want to get something that will be able to fit my needs and last me for a good 10 years. Anyone have any experience out on the Great Lakes with a 619 or 719 that could offer some insight? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Keith

2. BBC SPONSOR
    I have not had the 619/719 on the great lakes, However I do not think you will find a better riding 19' boat in any brand. The 619/719 rides like a 20' boat. If you are considering a 719, you may want to consider a 721, the price difference is negligible between the 2. If you have any questions please feel free to give me a call.

3. Member
    If you are looking to stay in the 19' range the Phoenix will be an excellent choice. BUT, with the waters that you list, I would suggest you look at a 721 --- it will definitely handle those waters better than a 19.

1st PHOENIX in Michigan

4. Member
    Coming from that javelin you had, you will be blown away. I owned that exact same boat and it was probably the worst riding boat I ever owned. It and the venture were in close running. That Phoenix is one you will love.

5. Member
    I too am interested in the answer here. Would it be a significant improvement on the Great Lakes for Keith to go from 721 to 921? I know there is a price difference but on big water does that extra 7" make any difference?

6. Banned
    Yes in any brand...that extra length makes a huge difference as you can kinda straddle 2 waves....the difference between a 19 and a 21 is really really noticeable .

7. Member
    I have a 619 and fish lakes like Fork, and Toldedo Bend. Not the great lakes, but they can get rough. I have owned several 21 foooters, I went down to a 619 because I also fish some rivers around home and a smaller boat is key getting into back waters. I have not missed the added length as of yet, and don't worry about what lake I fish or the wind. My tournament buddy has a bass cat cougar ftd. Last week we fished in my boat, every time we came upon traffic in the river, he would brace himself for the waves. Then just shake his head and laugh, he said everytime you hit a wave I expect it to be bad and it never is, this in one fine 19 foot boats.
    I love mine, there are many fine boats in the Phoenix lineup and some other fine brands to consider as well. For me, I am very happy with the 619, performance, fishablility,storage and support from Phoenix have all exceeded my expectations. If you specific questions, shoot me a email, be happy to answer them.