Lake Guntersville Overnight

Spending the weekend on the G . Does anyone know of a nice place to stay that will not break the bank, and that is boater friendly.

2. Member
    There is a best western , I think, right on the waterfront where hwy 79 ends in Gville. I have never stayed there as we are only 30 minutes from there.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgm381 View Post
    There is a best western , I think, right on the waterfront where hwy 79 ends in Gville. I have never stayed there as we are only 30 minutes from there.
    It's a nice hotel. In the middle of Spring Creek and there's a public ramp right there at the hotel. It is about $85/night though. There is a cheap motel on 79 (wouldn't stay there) and at least one on 431 that I can think of near Alred's. There's also several in Scottsboro.

4. Member
    Depends if you want to stay in the town of Guntersville or Scottsboro. I usually stay in the Scottsboro area, because I mainly fish the mid lake area.

5. Member
    Best Western is the nicest. Tell them you coming to fish and you will get a discount, free breakfast tickets, the launch is there and Texico Station in front with a good selection of tackle. ALSO ask for a kitchenette room which is lower level lake side. It has a grill, and patio, microwave and fridge. Days Inn is right up the road and is right near the public launch in Spring Creek. Its almost 1/2 the price of the Best Western, but you have to drive to get gas and to the launch. I'm going at the 24th of October for 4 days.

6. Member
    The Hampton is also a very nice place to stay and has plenty of parking for the boat in the back. The Best Western is nice but I just dont like leaving my rig so close to the road overnight. And if you park in the main parking lot you'll have to unhook due to the lack of room. The rooms themselves are nice though.
    '06 Gambler 2100
    '06 Mercury Racing 250XS

7. Banned
    how bout a place with a dock?

Best Western Plus Lake Guntersville Hotel, Guntersville Alabama

I'd love $85 a night. my room for the classic was $350 a night

the hampton in is also next to the main road

https://plus.google.com/107074815050...ut?gl=us&hl=en

8. Member
    If you are staying midlake, I suggest Creekstone lodge.

9. Member
    There will be a small group of us meeting at the Scottsboro Hampton. We have been meeting for about 15 years, the group is from BFHP but several are members here as well. You are more than welcome to join in, its as informal as it gets. I'll be down later today.

10. Member
    The Village in is probably the cheap one referred above near Alred's creek. It's about $46 a night, my buddy and I always stay here. I would equate it to deer camp. Deer camp isn't super fancy but no one cares because you're deer hunting and supposed to be roughing it. It's a place to shower and sleep. After fishing for 12 hours we usually don't care where we sleep. I've stayed at least 3 dozen times without any problems, and they have boat parking with hookups. Number is (256) 582-3131

11. Banned
    The Hampton Inn in Guntersville also has a boat dock. It's a little pricey for my pocketbook, however.

The Best Western is an old generation Holiday Inn that changed names, and it has nice docks. Just make sure you get a room on the lake side, as there is a red light in front of the property. Heavy trucks accelerating from that red light will keep you up at night.

Guntersville State Park is a few miles upriver, but the hotel's been completely redone.

Rooms at Scottsboro are relatively expensive for the size of the town. They have a new Comfort Inn east of the high school that's very nice, and they have a Hampton Inn--both are expensive. Best Western is pretty nice, but is also high--for the quality of the property. There is a Key West Inn and Country Hearth Inn for the budget minded. All in all, Scottsboro hotels are there for the fishermen, and they're a little expensive.

12. Member
    Creekstone lodge is $50 a night cash and with you can cast a rattletrap from your room and almost the the mud creek launch. Mud creek bbq there too and a gas station with no ethanol fuel. What more can a man ask for???

13. Catching Bass at 82mph! dclong9009's Avatar
    I stayed at the Key West Inn for the SPRO tournament. just tell them you are fishing guntersville and it should be around $69 a night. Surveillance boat parking with plenty of hook-ups!! and super soft beds!!

14. Member
    If youre not opposed to camping. Siebold has a campground and the state park also has one. Run you about $18-$24 with water and electric hook up. We just camp bc we're not in the room enough to justify $85 for a night lol. Siebold has decent bath houses too. Also a boat ramp, and a few piers that the owner said we were welcome to tie up to if we wanted.

15. Member
    Thanks for all the info.