Thread: Winter Bassin'

Winter Bassin'

In the Triad of NC lake surface temps at low to mid 40* while air temperatures at high 40*. Looking for best productive style bait to use, crankbaits, plastics, jigs, or blade baits?

2. Member
    Blade baits, jigging spoon, jerkbait, jig

3. Member
    Rattletrap

4. Member
    If you have the amount of rain we’ve had to the south of you I’d say a flat sided crankbait or lipless in a red craw should get some bites.

5. Dogfish_Jones
    Some of the bigger bass will go up onto the flats during winter time and cruise for food. I would first hit the banks where you are near a point or on them and throw a squarebill crank or a lipless crank. Then go to some lay downs and flip a jig. If you have a good creek running in and around that, look on your graph and any bend in that creek should be holding bass that still like deeper water and throw a bladed lure or a crank that will run the depth they are holding at.

6. Member
    Don't forget a spinnerbait. I am in va and water temp is 40. I love to slow roll a 3/4 oz in the deep pockets this time of year. Just went last weekend and most came off the spinnerbait. Next in line is the jerkbait followed by the blade bait.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758