Question Need Help with Air-Max livewell Venturi

I have an 01 triton tx-186. It is basically the same as the tr-186, but it doesnt have carpet and it has an extra livewell/baitwell in he rear of the boat. I keep the plug in the baitwell and use it for dry storage. Anyway, after I fill my main (larger) livewell and i turn on the recirc pump there is water shooting out of the small hole behind the driver's seat. I know the boat has the air-max venturi system and that this hole introduces oxygen into the water by means of the venturi effect. If water is coming out of the hole where air is supposed to be entering does this mean that there is a clog in the actual water intake for the recirc pump inside of the livewell or does it mean that there is a problem with a voltage drop on the pump itself causing the pressure to not be high enough for the venturi to work? I have tried blowing it out and it is still shooting water from the venturi air intake. I live in southeast louisiana and i have already had a couple of fish belly-up in the summr heat since I noticed this problem. I would like to fix it asap to prevent anymore casualties. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanx in advance.

2. Member
    Sounds like the elbow fitting is plugged at the spray bar. The fitting is on the backside of the livewell in the battery compartment area. The max-air hose comes in on the top of the elbow fitting. If plugged after that, I could see how water would shoot out the max-air intake. Hope this helps and good luck!

3. Member
    Thanks for the help.... I will check it out this evening