Compatible Cowl? 94 XRI 200

I am looking into a new cowl for my motor, but I am curious -- what cowls will fit my 1994 2.5L 200HP XRi (EFI)? Can I use a different cowl if I get a new lower pan? If so, which ones should I look for/ask for?

It would be nice to fit a 96/97+ 200 EFI cowl on my motor

my motor is a 95 xri I put a pro xs newer cowl on clamped rite on

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bassburch View Post
    I am looking into a new cowl for my motor, but I am curious -- what cowls will fit my 1994 2.5L 200HP XRi (EFI)? Can I use a different cowl if I get a new lower pan? If so, which ones should I look for/ask for?

It would be nice to fit a 96/97+ 200 EFI cowl on my motor

Engine serial number?

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Moderator
    0G042524

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Your cowling design was used (roughly) from 1989-1995. Easily identified by the two swinging latches at the sides (near back).

You "could" switch to the later style, but would need the lower cowlings and top cowl (and related hardware).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    You "could" switch to the later style, but would need the lower cowlings and top cowl (and related hardware).
    This is what I am interested in doing. The current cowl is cracked in a couple places so instead just replacing the cowl with the same, I want to give her a facelift and fit a 1996+ 2.5 EFI cowl... I understand I may need to engineer my own pisser and relocate the trim switch which I am OK with. What other "related hardware" would I need? Is there a particular year model EFI cowl that would work best? I am determined to make this happen :)

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you can get the lower cowlings, trim switch, and upper cowlings from a 1996-2000 (possibly a 2001, depending on serial number) 2.5L model, you should have MOST of what you'll need.

On the telltale... it's not that difficult to adapt (though you may need a through-cowl fitting).

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 71bambam View Post
    my motor is a 95 xri I put a pro xs newer cowl on clamped rite on
    CAN YOU SEND PICS? INTERESTED AS WELL ..