Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Upper Chesapeake Bay Club Moderator RiverRatMD's Avatar

Upper Chesapeake bay roll call

Welcome to the Upper Chesapeake Bay Forum!!!!!

A little introduction and brief background on the Upper Bay fishermen.

I'll get it started...

My name is John and I've been fishing the Upper Bay since I was a kid. The Upper Bay is my favorite body of water and I spend most of my time fishing the Susquehanna, Northeast, the Elk, and Sassafras. But I also fish the Potomac, Conowingo Lake, and Deep Creek.
    Fishing Club: The Hazzard County Bassmasters (of course)
    Boat(s): Gambler 2200 and a ProCraft 180 Pro.
    Engine: Mercury 250XB and a Mercury 175Xri.
    Last edited by RiverRatMD; 01-05-2014 at 02:20 PM.
    Gambler 2200 / PRoCraft 180 / Roughneck Jet / Mercury 250XB, 175 / Evinrude 50

My name is Les, I have been fishing the upper bay since I was 6 (30 years). I spend a lot of time from the Sassafrass north. Got a 21 Stroker with a 250 xb.
    Les Mahan - STROKER 250 MERC

3. Member
    Hi yall.
    Names Jimmy.
    Been fishing the flats for about 5 or 6 years. Doc Irv from the boards here took me out for the first time back around 07. Been hooked on the bay ever since.
    Still have a pic from that trip. May have been my first upper bay fish...

250391433.jpg

I usually get out a few times a month, mostly weekdays, and can be seen in one of the many white-with-a-black-bolt Basscats that seem to frequent the upper bay.
    I can also be seen at the bottom of most lists of tournament results. lol.
    puma proxs

4. Member
    Jason Law checking in from NJ! I don't get down to the upper bay all that much as I usuall have tournaments on the Potomac, but hope to be spending some more time down there this winter and spring once my season wraps up. Glad to see we have a forum board!

I'm checking in, just started fishing the upper bay a few years ago (maybe 4 years). Its slowly turning into one of my favorite fisheries. I'm running a 2012 margay with a 150 pro xs

6. Member
    I have been fishing the upper bay for about 10 years. Hands down my favorite place to fish. I have a 2010 Skeeter FX20 with a 250 SHO. I get around to a bunch of places, but focus on the bay.

7. Hazzard County Hillbilly unclejessie's Avatar
    My name is Troy, I was born an raised on bush river for the first eighteen years of my life. I lived 8 doors down from Aron Andersons "Bush River Boatworks" for those of you who are familiar with the old days.I moved off the river in 1990 when my parents seperated and sold the house but still spend as much time on the bay as i can...I mainly crabbed and trolled the upper bay for years with my dad until about ten years ago when Riverrattmd walked into my life and laughed at me when i told him where i had lived and made the statement "there aint no good bass in bush river "Ever since then him and i have been hanging out and fishing the upper bay together.Learning to bass fish and meeting some of you new guys has been one of the best decisions i ever made...i still have some of those rough days where i wonder what the hell am i doing but i wouldnt trade my days hanging out on the upper bay with my club and new found friends for nothing... hell i am pretty sure thats what keeps me sane!Any how i drive a blue 1995 209sc gambler with a 2004 225 efi mercury so if you see me out there dont hesitate to troll on over and drop a rod i am always looking forward to meeting the guys in this area...

8. Member
    Hey Everyone,
    My name is Andy Smith, I've only been fishing the Upper Bay for a couple of years and have alot to learn! I run a grey and red Ranger 521 with a 250 Pro XS and two powerpoles. Look forward to meeting some of you out on the water

If I wasn't lost, I'd surely know where I was going!

9. Upper Chesapeake Bay Club Moderator RiverRatMD's Avatar
    Nice! Keep checking in guys. I can already tell we're gonna have a great group of guys in the Upper Bay forum! I will be getting a rally planned for 2014!! Probably either Tydings or Anchor.....

What's up UncleJessie! Hope things are going well this morning for you guys and if you want...Give me a call, let's get an evening bite tonight!

My name is Paul and I have been fishing the Flats and Potomac for about 3 years. I have a lot to learn but Northeast is my favorite place to fish. If you see me on the water say hello.

Last edited by unpaulie11; 08-30-2013 at 07:54 AM.

11. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Hello Hello. Brian here. I grew up on the Middle River fishing from shore and wading. Moved to Aberdeen about 5 years ago and said it was time to buy a boat. Got me a nitro z8 w/ a 200 merc and have been fishing suqsy, north east river and flats ever since. You will see me out there fishing for yellow perch and bass starting in February. Yup I said bass fishing in February. Then move onto the rockfish before getting back into the bass. See you guys out there

12. Member
    keith W. here . i live on kent island and fish the upper bay every wednesday ,occasionally i battle the crowds and fish a sunday . i have a blue bee line with a 200 rude and during the summer months will have my 2 boys with me . see u on the bay .
    Last edited by stratoskeith; 09-02-2013 at 04:52 PM.

My name is Dave and I have been fishing bass tournaments on the upper bay for 28 years. I live to fish and work to pay for it. I spent years fishing opens with RiverRatMD and then we started the club of all clubs Hazzard County Bassmasters. The idea behind starting the club was for RiverRatMD and myself to teach and share everything we knew about fishing tournaments and the upper bay to a good group of anglers. I run a Gambler Intimidator 2100 Dale Earnhardt w/ 250 Xb. I look forward to meeting new anglers and hope you guys can make it to the upper bay jamboree. If you see me on the water give me shot out.

14. Member
    My name is Bob. Only been fishing the Upper Bay for a few years. Really love it. I'm easy to spot. I'm the old guy that looks lost and confused. Running a Basscat puma red and silver. Glad to see this page

15. Member
    Scott here have been on the bay since about 1998 used to do the federation thing and opens. Its the most intriguing place to fish. I run a 1998 Champion 203 elite w/225 merc.
    I dont have 1 set favorite location I like them all just hope the middle bay comes back around like it used to be years ago.

Hey everyone, my name is Bill and I have been fishing the upper bay since 1976. Being retired I mostly fish during the week but will fish on a weekend if I am in a tournament. I run a 2010 Z518 Ranger with a Mercury 200 pro XS. I like the flats, northeast, sassafras, and lower susquehanna. I do no fish very often in the elk or Bohemia. I also make a few trips to the potomac river and the nanticoke river. I have seen the upper bay change over the years and thank God the change is for the better. Back in the 1970's and 1980's many tournaments were won with 8 to 10 pounds. I believe that the fishing is better today because of water quality, abundance of grass and the caliber of fishermen. Bass fishermen today are so much better than they were 30 to 40 years ago. I am one of those PA guys that is so lucky to only be 20 miles from one of the best fisheries in the country.

17. Member
    Hey Guys My name is Steve M and I have been floating around the Upper Bay as long as Les, I know and love the Sassafrass where my largest Tidal bass to date came from 8lbs 2oz. I am totally amazed of what has been going on in the Upper Bay for the last few years.a shear Bass explosion. I fish out of a restored Storm Bassboat 225 Promax,so I should not be hard to find.Say hey if you see me and Iam always looking to go. Steve M

Hey everyone. My name is Ken and I am from central NJ. I've been fishing the Upper Bay on and off for about 7 years. I don't fish it as much as I like to but it sure beats my home body of water the Delaware River for quality of fish. Here's my boat. BTW I'm 99.9% sure I'll be at the jam come November!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Peter here, really enjoy fishing the UB.. hoping to learn a LOT more about this place. Seems I just hit the flats and few spots around it but I know it offers more. Thanks to RiverRat for pointing me in the right direction.. Looking forward to the Jam!

I run a 1998 White Champion 191 with a 200hp Merc.
    LT - DCFD

20. Upper Chesapeake Bay Club Moderator RiverRatMD's Avatar
    Looking forward to meeting everyone and having a great time for those coming to the Upper Bay Jam!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast