Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Member
    Hello, they refer to me as Bubba. I have been fishing the Flats for about 15 years and I learn more and more every year and this has been a unbelievable place to fish for that past couple of years. I have fished Fishers of Men, Federation, Midwest and Paycheck series tournaments and a whole bunch of opens. I like it so much down there I purchase a place in Indian Acres down there 2 years ago. So if you see a little Prowler with a 9.9 in the Sass thats me, I also have a blue and white Champion with a 175 Evinrude that I use for tournaments. I get to spend 30-60 days a year down there fishing. Hope to see you on the water

Hello all, My name is Tom T. and have been fishing the bay for Bass since 1993 when I started a bass club with 5 others called the River Ratz Bassmasters. I actually started fishing the bay and the Susky starting around 1986 when the Army landed me out here. I fished for anything that would bite but did target Bass often. I am the only original member left in the club but currently I would say we have the best group of guys overall than ever before. We hold most of our club tnxs on the upper bay as it's close and productive. I will occasionally fish opens but I really enjoy the club stuff so that's what I mostly do. Not enough time to get into different circuits but it would be nice.
    Many of you have probably heard of the River Ratz and many of you have probably fished our annual opens. We hold one during Memorial Day weekend and then one in the Fall. You can look for an entry form on our club website " River Ratz BassMasters - Harford County, Maryland ". I bought my first bass boat from Dave Kilby which was a 1988 201Pro XL in 95 or 96 and in 2000 I bought the boat I currently have now. My Javelin R20 in Red n White has served me well all these years. Just had to re-power it in Oct and found a deal on a left over 2008 200HO Etec.
    I really like fishing the Upper Bay and if you see me out there feel free to say hey.

Happy Trails and Tight Lines.

Tom
    Last edited by tdt91; 01-05-2014 at 06:37 PM.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

3. Upper Chesapeake Bay Club Moderator RiverRatMD's Avatar
    I guess with my handle I oughta get an honorary membership
    Gambler 2200 / PRoCraft 180 / Roughneck Jet / Mercury 250XB, 175 / Evinrude 50

That or be a real RiverRat.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

5. Upper Chesapeake Bay Club Moderator RiverRatMD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tdt91 View Post
    That or be a real RiverRat.
    Oh I think I'll stick with Hazzard County We'll have to get the clubs together for a day on the water. I was trying to check out your site but an advertisement pop-up keeps coming up over and over on it! Have you guys set-up your 2014 schedule yet?

I heard about that POP UP. Our webmaster needs to get that fixed but it may have something to do with money. No schedule yet other than our open on May 24 at Tydings.
    Yeah we should have a tnx same time / same place and see how that goes. Could be fun. Maybe a cook out after or something.

7. Member
    Dave Here Live in Edgewood, A Minnesota transplant Been fishing the upper bay from 85 till the present.
    2011 Nitro Z8, 200 Optimax, Terrova101 I pilot linked to 898c SI in dash, 1198c SI on the console, and a 998c SI on the bow.

8. Upper Chesapeake Bay Club Moderator RiverRatMD's Avatar
    That sounds excellent!! I love the cook out idea. I have our schedule posted on our site....It's still tentative until Feb 15th but it will most likely stick as is. Definitely get your webmaster to check that out because as soon as you close it, it comes right back up. I think we are holding our open tournament on June 1st.http://www.hazzardcountybassmasters.com
    Last edited by RiverRatMD; 01-05-2014 at 05:41 PM.

9. Upper Chesapeake Bay Club Moderator RiverRatMD's Avatar
    Welcome aboard the Upper Chesapeake forum Bubba and Dave!!! John on this end.....Hope to see ya'll out there this year and look forward to your input on the board!

Pop ups fixed now on River Ratz BassMasters - Harford County, Maryland
    I also found it works better when using Firefox or Chrome for browsers

Hey there Dave W. how ya been?

12. Member
    Do you know of any clubs that are on the Eastern shore side, that like to launch out of the Sass?

No, sorry I don't. Guys have tried getting ES clubs started but they never lasted. Guys tend to get with DE clubs when over there.

14. Upper Chesapeake Bay Club Moderator RiverRatMD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bassinbubba View Post
    Do you know of any clubs that are on the Eastern shore side, that like to launch out of the Sass?
    One of the guys in our club is starting up another tournament series for Dave kilbys paycheck series. It's an eastern shore series. They are having tournaments out of Sassafras, Anchor, Nanticoke, and Choptank.

The eastern shore paycheck schedule:

March 30th NE River
    April 6th Nanticoke
    May 4th Sassafras
    June 1st Choptank
    July 20th NE River
    August 17th Nanticoke
    Sept 28th Sassafras

It's not a club, but its another series for the guys on the eastern shore. Just thought I'd throw it out there for you.
    Last edited by RiverRatMD; 01-06-2014 at 07:54 AM.

15. Member
    Hey fellas!!!'Joe DeVoe here. Been fishing upper bay for a good ten years. I live about 15 minutes from tydings ramp. I run a 2003 red ranger with a 150 merc on the tail. Probably have crossed paths with most of you guys out on the water.Love the upper bay!!! I fish the md bass fed, a few opens and team outcast tournaments.

Hey Joe, good to see ya on here.

17. Upper Chesapeake Bay Club Moderator RiverRatMD's Avatar
    How you doing Joe I'm sure i've seen you out there. I fish mostly on weekdays on the Susky with an occasional weekend tournament out of Tydings. Great fishing for sure.

Glad to see an Upper Bay Club.
    I'm Drew. Started fishing the Upper Bay about 15 years ago. I've done some Federation tournaments in the past but now primarily fish the USA Bassin events down here. Plus as much as I can. It's become a phenomenal place to fish. Decided not to winterize my boat anymore. Last time I was there the water temp was 38 degrees and they were still eating. Love it.
    Stop by and chat if you see a white/blue and black Ranger Z19 with a 225 Yamaha.
    Tight lines.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRatMD View Post
    That sounds excellent!! I love the cook out idea. I have our schedule posted on our site....It's still tentative until Feb 15th but it will most likely stick as is. Definitely get your webmaster to check that out because as soon as you close it, it comes right back up. I think we are holding our open tournament on June 1st.Home Page
    We made our schedule and I checked out yours. Looks like you are Sunday's and we are Saturday's. bummer, we should still try to make something happen.

20. Upper Chesapeake Bay Club Moderator RiverRatMD's Avatar
    We'll definitely figure something out. Always up for a day of fishing followed by a cookout! Are people allowed to cook out on the battery islands?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast