Thread: how many balls

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

how many balls

Do you have in your bag at the start of a round. I played with a guy today that thought I was strange because I only bring 3.

2. Member
    About a dozen. Normally end up with more though as I like to walk the weed/pond edges while I am waiting. Had an unbelievable streak this year. Found 11 pro v1/x's in a row. Karma caught up and it's been nothing but garbage balls since

3. Upper Chesapeake Bay Club Moderator RiverRatMD's Avatar
    If I look in the bag and I've got 3 or 4 good ProV1's i'm good, otherwise i'll go in the basement and grab a sleeve. He's probably a high handicap golfer and knows he'll lose several if his swing isn't working. You can usually tell how good a guy is before the round by how many golf balls he lines up in the cart or pours into his pockets for spares
    Gambler 2200 / PRoCraft 180 / Roughneck Jet / Mercury 250XB, 175 / Evinrude 50

4. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Usually a couple dozen in there because I find about as many as I loose. probably 100 in the basket in the cart that I've found.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

Usually when i Find balls during s round I end up hitting them into a corn field while we wait on the tee.

6. Member
    I've got balls in my bag that are probably 10 years old. It's just one of them areas that you never think of cleaning out. Maybe I'll grab a cold one this weekend and clean out the old golf bag!
    2001 ChampioN 206 Yamaha 225

I start off with a dozen usually. I'm usually good for losing 6 or 7 balls a round depending on the course.

Quote Originally Posted by Bsktball55 View Post
    I start off with a dozen usually. I'm usually good for losing 6 or 7 balls a round depending on the course.
    That would cost me almost $30

I usually keep around 10 or so but I never buy brand new golf balls... I will order from lostgolfballs.com, you can get great prices on used golf balls. We have 2 garage sales a year in our neighborhood and I always find someone telling a trash can full of balls, I will buy that for 4 bucks and sort them out. Call me cheap lol

Dont know. Never bother to count them. I find about a half dozen or so when I golf.
    The good ones go in the bag and the crap ones go in the shag bag when I get home or I leave them where I find them.
    1996 ProCraft 185 DC Pro, Mercury EFI 150

11. Member
    start each round with 3 new prov1's or similar in the cart. if it gets scuffed or cut it gets moved into the shag bag - if a ball makes an entire round without damage, it stays in the bag - ive probably got 12 or so in there now.
    2022 Hog Island Skiff
    Johnson 70/40 jet

Bouncin' off rocks, and catching the smallies.

Potomac River Smallmouth Guide

Owner of Potomac Custom Tackle

12. Member
    Wow, most of you guys are more confident than the pros, they carry more than 3. Tiger Woods carries 7, you guys could teach him a thing or two. Or you play in a cow pasture with no water. Or you don't hit it far enough to lose it .

13. Member
    I'll keep a dozen in the bag. if I find a nice Pro V I'll play it but normally what ever is on sale. I dont play well enough to spend 30-40 on a dozen ball's.

Quote Originally Posted by jigman51 View Post
    Wow, most of you guys are more confident than the pros, they carry more than 3. Tiger Woods carries 7, you guys could teach him a thing or two. Or you play in a cow pasture with no water. Or you don't hit it far enough to lose it .

If I play harder courses like tiger plays I will bring more.

15. Member
    interested in playing for $500 a hole?

Quote Originally Posted by jigman51 View Post
    2022 Hog Island Skiff
    Johnson 70/40 jet

Bouncin' off rocks, and catching the smallies.

Potomac River Smallmouth Guide

Owner of Potomac Custom Tackle

16. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshKeller View Post
    Do I get to pick the course?
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC

Bring Back Gluten!!!

If you are going to be playing for $500 a hop you might as well play at a $500 per round golf course, so i nominate whistling straits

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshKeller View Post
    I carry a lot more than 3 balls so, I'd say no.

19. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by assfault View Post
    If you are going to be playing for $500 a hop you might as well play at a $500 per round golf course, so i nominate whistling straits
    How about Victoria National. Pretty nice track.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC

Bring Back Gluten!!!

20. Member
    Victoria National is SAWEET!!!!!!! Wouldn't head over there with 3 in the bag though. I usually have a dozen in the bag at all times. I never use that many in a round but on a bad day I will lose one or two.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/avatars/longrodder.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1383747738

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast