Thread: how many balls

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Longrodder View Post
    Victoria National is SAWEET!!!!!!! Wouldn't head over there with 3 in the bag though. I usually have a dozen in the bag at all times. I never use that many in a round but on a bad day I will lose one or two.
    I've only played there once, but it was an enjoyable round. Not so much for my buddy who shoots high 80s low 90s on the easy courses around here. He quit after about 110 or 120 strokes. We still had 3 holes to go.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Roddy View Post
    I've only played there once, but it was an enjoyable round. Not so much for my buddy who shoots high 80s low 90s on the easy courses around here. He quit after about 110 or 120 strokes. We still had 3 holes to go.

If I'm ever around there I will play it. I played Arcadia bluffs last year hopefully I make it to whistling straights this fall

3. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    This is a deal if you see the part about friends. Discovery Visit - Victoria National Golf Club
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

4. Member
    I have at least 24 or more in my bag at any time. I play with my 11 year old and there is water on every single hole on our course that you either have to carry on the tee off or carry to the green. Most of the holes also have it on at least one side of the fairway as well. Well when you get an 11 year old that refuses to play from the junior tees because they are marked as ladies tees on the card you are going to lose some balls The poor bass are shell shocked every Sunday from him depth charging them. I get him the X outs though.

When I first started playing in May of this year I took 12 and came home with one. That was on nine holes, all went in the water. The last two rounds though I have not lost a ball, but I still carry 12.
    What we cannot obtain from intelligence, we can learn from experience.

Quote Originally Posted by assfault View Post
    That would cost me almost $30
    That's why I don't play with the good balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Bsktball55 View Post
    That's why I don't play with the good balls.
    Thats why I go to lostgolfballs.com and can buy 50 used/but like new ProV 1's for 40-60 depending on the grade. The AAAA are just like new but might have a logo on one, the AAA are what I will usually buy and most of them have logos but all are in great shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwell View Post
    Thats why I go to lostgolfballs.com and can buy 50 used/but like new ProV 1's for 40-60 depending on the grade. The AAAA are just like new but might have a logo on one, the AAA are what I will usually buy and most of them have logos but all are in great shape.
    Get the wilson fg tour blems off of eBay. 15 a dozen shipped

9. Member
    When I watched Tin Cup, I could have sworn Costner said he could only have 2 sleeves or 6 balls in his bag. I never really questioned it since I am not a pro and I usually have between 6 and 12 depending on if I find a couple worth using while playing.
    However, I googled this question and several sources say there is no limit on the number of balls a pro can have in his bag. It did say that all the balls had to be similar type. Not necessrily the same brand but rather a pro can't mix 2 piece and 3 piece balls for instance.
    Learn something new everyday, then forget it.

10. Member
    I bought a dozen Pro V1's yesterday and I gave my son two when we started. I told him that they were about 4 bucks apiece if he lost them. I was hoping it would motivate him to keep track of his shots but after about 4 holes he looked at me and said "Daddy you just lost 8 bucks"

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroZ7 View Post
    I bought a dozen Pro V1's yesterday and I gave my son two when we started. I told him that they were about 4 bucks apiece if he lost them. I was hoping it would motivate him to keep track of his shots but after about 4 holes he looked at me and said "Daddy you just lost 8 bucks"

12. Member
    I normally have 2 sleeves of Prov's. I don't loose very many.

13. Member
    I carry 10 new balls for myself and I carry about 2 dozen old balls for my son an his buddies

14. Member
    Depends on if I'm walking or riding. Walking I stick three in my pocket. My cart bag usually has a dozen or more just because I don't have to carry them and who doesn't like choices.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12