Thread: Still no ammo.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Stupid question I admit but can you ship ammo privately? My family lives in Orlando and keeps telling me they can get whatever they want when they want but I have been lucky to see a box of ammo at a store in almost a year

Quote Originally Posted by mikepags View Post
    Stupid question I admit but can you ship ammo privately? My family lives in Orlando and keeps telling me they can get whatever they want when they want but I have been lucky to see a box of ammo at a store in almost a year
    Not with UPS or FedEX

Quote Originally Posted by Demolitionman View Post
    Not with UPS or FedEX
    Well shat, even if the USPS I don't like my odds

Quote Originally Posted by vatreefarmer View Post
    I usually place a large order 2-3 times a year, and shoot all that I want. I haven't seen any decent quantities at the usual mail order places. So... I haven't been shooting nearly as often as I'm afraid of using up my reserves. Heck I was going to buy a 357 lever action until I saw that there's nothing out there to feed it with. There is a shortage,
    Our local Dick's Sporting Goods has lots of 30-06 and 30-30 at regular, not inflated prices. I bought a 1975 vintage Marlin 336 30-30 earlier this year. Since 22LR and .223 were non-existent until just recently, it was cheaper to shoot 30-30 at $17.99/box compared to .223 at >$1/round at the time. And I don't think the Feds will try to ban a "cowboy" looking gun!
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

5. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    There are a couple local stores here that have any thing you want. But then again nobody here has been hoarding. Got some 9mm and .22LR Thursday. The big box stores have a limit though as they are national chains.

Dale Sinclair original

6. Member
    Shipping Advice, Shipping Product News & Business Insights from UPS | Compass

I got tired of playing "find the .22" earlier this year. It was buy off gunbroker (you pay!) or find something else to do hobby wise. FedEx always requires a signature, the UPS driver leaves it. Hopefully last time I bought enough to ride this out. Prices are dropping and slowly it seems to be coming back. That being said I bet 40.00 a brick is the new norm for good name brand 22.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mxmike View Post
    Still no 22 longs at Gander Mountain today. Geezs, Just how much longer is this ammo shortage thing gonna last?

I would think by now that supply would start catching up with demand. Where is all this stuff going?
    Same here in Evansville, IN at our Gander Mountain Store. No 22 long. I found some 22 with shot shells in it for a good price. About a dollar a shell in a box of 18.

They have plenty of 223 and even some 222 as well as all the other high caliber rifle ammo. But 22 ammo is hard to find around here too.

I did read in our local paper that the number of gun permits for women has increased to more than for men this last year.

I think that a lot of women went out and bought a lot of 22 handguns and they are buying up ammo leading to the shortage.

Hopefully some day in the future the manufactures will catch up with the demand. But then again why should they? The prices have sky rocketed and they still are making money without having to spend more. Why would they build another factory and meet the demand which would cause the price of ammo to drop. Low demand equals low prices. High demand equals high prices. They are just following the lead of the oil companies.

Regards,

Moose1am

Quote Originally Posted by Demolitionman View Post
    Not with UPS or FedEX
    That's how my ammo comes. Ground is fine but not air. Box must be marked with a ORM-D label
    21 Lund 1775 Impact XS 21 Merc 115 Pro XS

9. Member
    Yes you can ship ammo. I sold to someone and shipped it.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by whitebassboy View Post
    There is no ammo shortage. We are the problem. The ammo companies are producing more than they ever have. It started with people panic buying after the presidential election. Then when it started hitting the shelves again people started buying all they could get instead of the amount they used to buy. Some people around me know the delivery schedules for walmart and the surrounding stores and are sending people in to buy all they can get. Then they sell it at flea markets and on the local internet classified at jacked-up prices. I have been lucky enough to get some .45 and .40 cal at walmart, but I haven't seen any 9mm in a while. They actually had some .22 the night I bought my .45, but you are limited to 3 boxes and I wanted the .45.
    Yep, that's right. Companies are producing at full capacity, problem is all the "Zombies are coming", and "everything is gonna shut down & you better have your ammo" NUT JOBS that are Hoarding everything up. Washington hasn't passed any ammo or gun laws, However the one thing that has changed due to the NUT JOBS is the "Quantity LImits" on ammo, Now that these limits are common everywhere, they will always be limits from here on out. Blame Congress, President, NRA, etc. all day, but in the end, its theses Extremists that created LIMITS on ammo, something that I don't remember existing ever in my lifetime, and it didn't even take any laws to get this put into place. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

You can ship ups if you want. I'm sure fed ex will do it too, but I haven't ever used them.

12. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    There is no ammo shortage. We are the problem. The ammo companies are producing more than they ever have. It started with people panic buying after the presidential election. Then when it started hitting the shelves again people started buying all they could get instead of the amount they used to buy. Some people around me know the delivery schedules for walmart and the surrounding stores and are sending people in to buy all they can get. Then they sell it at flea markets and on the local internet classified at jacked-up prices. I have been lucky enough to get some .45 and .40 cal at walmart, but I haven't seen any 9mm in a while. They actually had some .22 the night I bought my .45, but you are limited to 3 boxes and I wanted the .45.
    bingo! Dumbest thing I ever seen. Simply amazed me how dumb people have been over this. When have you ever seen the govt do anything fast?

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mxmike View Post
    Still no 22 longs at Gander Mountain today. Geezs, Just how much longer is this ammo shortage thing gonna last?

I would think by now that supply would start catching up with demand. Where is all this stuff going?
    just got through ordering 10 ( limit ) boxes of Federal Premium 22 LR's ammo from Gander Mtn. at $ 2.49 per box + shipping and a $ 9.00 surcharge. told it would be delivered within the week by FedEx.

The local Wal-Marts here have a policy of not selling any ammo until 7am the morning after it arrives on the truck. It's not uncommon to see people show up at midnight and wait in line for hours for a chance to buy ammo from the shipment.

15. Member
    Wouldn't it be great to actually have enough people across our nation to be able to unite and stop buying ammo for a specific period of time? What happens, availability goes up and prices come down. I'd bet there is a way to make that happen. It is true that a small group of people, organized group, can get big things done. Maybe not overnite, but it would work. I just wouldn't know where to start.Is it possible?

Y'all are worried about ammo....all I want is Varget and h4350.

17. Banned

18. Member
    They still sell it around here. There's a limit of 6 boxes pretty much everywhere, but I know guys that buy 6 at dicks, 6 at academy, and so on. Still can't understand why people are going crazy over the ammo

19. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spinningreel View Post
    Yep, that's right. Companies are producing at full capacity, problem is all the "Zombies are coming", and "everything is gonna shut down & you better have your ammo" NUT JOBS that are Hoarding everything up. Washington hasn't passed any ammo or gun laws, However the one thing that has changed due to the NUT JOBS is the "Quantity LImits" on ammo, Now that these limits are common everywhere, they will always be limits from here on out. Blame Congress, President, NRA, etc. all day, but in the end, its theses Extremists that created LIMITS on ammo, something that I don't remember existing ever in my lifetime, and it didn't even take any laws to get this put into place. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

this^^^^^^^^^^^

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

20. Member
    Gander mountain has thing called "ammo club". Sign up and they'll send you emails about what ammo shipments are coming in, and when they will arrive. Supposedly, email subscribers get told before anyone else. Our store has been getting .223 and .22 Long, among others according to my emails.
    Brandon
    1996 Ranger 362XT
    Johnson Faststrike 150

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast