Hitting off the Toe

Well I seem to be moving from one problem to the next. Got rid of the slice for the most part, started hooking a little, got that straightened out and now I'm hitting everything off the toe. I can feel it at impact and the evidence is on the club. When I hit a good shot (that I don't feel) it feels like I'm going down more. I watched a you tube video and the guy said to move the weight onto your left heel during the downswing to keep your body from coming up and shortening the reach. Any advice on how to cure my ills?

When I get too steep in my downswing I end up coming across the swing path and hit it off the toe. This happens when I push down through the swing with my right hand instead of pulling down through the swing with my left hand.
    The crazy thing is with technology of the driver the ball goes straight down the middle but only goes about 210-220.

One thing to try is at address set the club down behind the ball to were the ball is at the hossel and not the center of the club. Then if you do shorten your reach you'll hit it in the center of the club face.

The great thing about golf is when our game goes south we try everything and anything to get it back and most of the time it's a subtle little change that makes it all click.
    1996 ProCraft 185 DC Pro, Mercury EFI 150

make sure your weight is evenly distributed on your feet and you are not slightly back on your heels.
    Always "Huntin" the IA Bass!

Boat: Nitro Z7
    Primary Propulsion Unit: 200 Optimax ProXS
    Vertical Depth Propulsion Adjustment: 8" Bobs Action Jack
    Underwater Surveillance: Solix10 G2 Console & Solix10 G1 Bow
    Anchoring: Powerpole, Ultrex Spot Lock
    Dynamic Positioning System: Ultrex i-pilot Link

4. Member
    i like to feel like im transferring my weight to my left big toe on the downswing, not the left foot or heel.
    2022 Hog Island Skiff
    Johnson 70/40 jet

Bouncin' off rocks, and catching the smallies.

Potomac River Smallmouth Guide

Owner of Potomac Custom Tackle

5. Member
    Well I'm going to head out and play again Saturday with my son. I've read up on the problem so that means I'll probably screw my swing up even more trying to fix it Might be time for another lesson.

6. Member
    I have the same problem sometimes. You are either standing too far away from the ball, or your swing is getting steep. Usually I can go back and work to flatten out my swing.

Make sure you're getting your wrists turned over as you're making contact. If your swing is very steep try keep a towel under you're right elbow (assuming your RH) and hold it against your body and dont drop it while doing like 1/2 to 3/4 swings. Will help you flatten out a bit.
    Jason
    2015 Phoenix 919 225 ProXs

8. Member
    also, on the downswing, think about swinging the right shoulder under your chin, not directly to the ball if you swing out to in.
    2022 Hog Island Skiff
    Johnson 70/40 jet

Bouncin' off rocks, and catching the smallies.

Potomac River Smallmouth Guide

Owner of Potomac Custom Tackle

Not sure what club you're having difficulties with but don't reach for the ball, let your arms hang naturally with your setup, ball in the center-to just slight forward of center of stance. You'll make better contact more consistently. I hit Driver - LW with the ball in the same position unless I'm trying somethng like a punch or lob then obviously i'll change it, but 90% of my shots the ball is in same place.
    2015 Legend V20
    250 ProXS
    Lowrance HDSLIVE 12s/16
    BBC Member since 2003