Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. BBC SPONSOR
    Wow, I must be doing too much fishing and not enough looking, I have been to Missisinewa a dozen times and never saw a one and have fished Potato my whole life ( I hear about the sightings though). I live on Dixon Lake where I have seen many pretty rare birds, Sand Hill Cranes, Loons, even an arctic white owl about ten years or so. I'll be keeping my eye out for more Bald Eagles.
    Proud BBC SPONSOR - Hand Made in USA

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonBassMan View Post
    Wow, I must be doing too much fishing and not enough looking, I have been to Missisinewa a dozen times and never saw a one and have fished Potato my whole life ( I hear about the sightings though). I live on Dixon Lake where I have seen many pretty rare birds, Sand Hill Cranes, Loons, even an arctic white owl about ten years or so. I'll be keeping my eye out for more Bald Eagles.
    Been nesting ones up by red bridge at mississenwa for about the last 5 years now. See them up there pretty often. Salamonie has more, and better chance of seeing a osprey.

What I think is really cool is seeing Loons, one of the lake I fish had a pair of them on it this year. And saw sandhill cranes nesting up on barbee this spring on Kuhn lake.

3. Member
    my wife and i were on dewart tonight and she was able to see her first bald eagle, she was soo impressed. glad for her. oh and the water temp 2 weeks ago was 84.3 and tonight was 73.2, wonder why the fish won't come out and play?

There are a mess of Bald Eagles around the areas I fish, and hunt. I've had two incidents where Baldies would come into duck decoys and try to fly off with them over the last few years. I've watched them catch fish too. I figure between all the protected eagles, Great Blue Herrings the bass populations ought to start declining soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Demolitionman View Post
    There are a mess of Bald Eagles around the areas I fish, and hunt. I've had two incidents where Baldies would come into duck decoys and try to fly off with them over the last few years. I've watched them catch fish too. I figure between all the protected eagles, Great Blue Herrings the bass populations ought to start declining soon.
    Don't know that I've ever seen a eagle with a bass. Have seen them with shad. Now a cormorants that is another story.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cubswin View Post
    Don't know that I've ever seen a eagle with a bass. Have seen them with shad. Now a cormorants that is another story.
    Saw an eagle eating a bass at Patoka last weekend. It tore off the head and left a lot of the body untouched.

Saw my wild first bald eagle on the river near Tanners last year. This year, by sister in-law had a nest hear her home in Glencoe, KY.

8. Member
    I've seen them on Wawasee and Tippecanoe lakes this year. Very cool.

9. Kentucky Lake
    We have a lot of Bald Eagles and Osprey in the Kentucky Lake area. There are a lot on the Ohio River in between Paducah, Kentucky and Evansville, Indiana also.

We have seen a few Golden Eagles also on KY Lake. They are becoming more common in a lot of local states.

Several of them in Sullivan county. Usually see a few on lake Sullivan every year and the strip pits out by Bass Lake seem to carry several pairs year round. Along with the Ospreys, they have become fairly common really. Saw one catch about a 16" bass at Patoka last year.

11. Member
    I Saw a two bald eagles last June 2013 while rafting on Surgar Creek in Montgomery County. Awsome.

Saw one Tuesday flying over the speedway/wabash river in wabash the other day. Really cool to just see it soaring above traffic.

13. Banned
    Just seen one a few weeks ago at Willow Slough while ice fishing. He landed on the ice about 75 yards from us and stayed there for about 5 minutes. It was about an hour before dark so when i left i dumped my golden roaches on the ice before i left and hopefully he came back and made a meal outta them

14. Member
    About 6 today at Patoka.
    2019 Triton 20 TRX Patriot, Merc 250 4 stroke

15. Member
    I have 4 that live on my private lake saw them Sunday out snatching up some fish. They are used to me and don't much pay attention to me anymore
    1987 Stratos 189v

16. Member
    There is won at giest now up the left hand side of the creek. Big nest in there trees too.
    MATT HAMILTON 2018 FX21LE

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by allskeeter View Post
    There is won at giest now up the left hand side of the creek. Big nest in there trees too.
    I was up the creek last week and saw that nest, and thought it was an eagle's nest, but wasn't sure. I have seen eagles out around the islands on the main lake, and back in Feather Cove.

18. Member
    bald eagles wont hurt bass populations.

19. Member
    We have several in Lowell Indiana. There is a nest off of 153rd ave. I see them a few times a week.

Saw three juvenile ones Saturday and a adult at mississenwa.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast