Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mufugger View Post
    Looks like there's a Champion 21sx for sale in Dallas right now. It's a 2007 and appears to be in great shape. Only one for sale in the US that I could find:

2007 Champion 21SX
    Only ways that hull is seeing 72 with a 225 is 1) It is a very worked 225 putting out way more horespower. 2) The boat is totally empty, with barely any gas, and barely any lower unit lube.

Hell I now have a 250 SHO on mine and top speed I have seen is 68 and change. Granted I do not have it dialed in yet and have not played with props but 72 will be a stretch goal. Heck look at guys running Champion 206 elites, which is the same hull as the 21sx, and they are not getting 72 with a 225.

Mufugger you are probably propped right with the 24P. MAybe have it worked to get a little more cup and bow lift but I think going to a 25P you will probably drop speed. That is what I found with my 225. Even now during our crazy hot humid summers I am thinking I am going to need to get a very aggressively cupped 24P to get my RPMS up where I want them. I am running a 25 Tempest Plus right now and seeing decent speeds but only turning like 5500 RPMS. Would like to see close to 5800 or 5900. Trying to find a 24 Tempest Plus right now to try. Can't wait to see what this 25P will do in the fall though once it cools a little and the humidity drops.
    Last edited by vafishing; 08-13-2013 at 07:57 PM.

2. Member
    I have seen 70 mph gps in my 21sx only in perfect weather conditions meaning cool morning and light chop. Running a 225 vmax 25T1 with cup added to lift the bow. 69 is regular top speed at 5900 rpm's. 72 with a 225 yammy is a pipe dream.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vafishing View Post

Mufugger you are probably propped right with the 24P. MAybe have it worked to get a little more cup and bow lift but I think going to a 25P you will probably drop speed. That is what I found with my 225. Even now during our crazy hot humid summers I am thinking I am going to need to get a very aggressively cupped 24P to get my RPMS up where I want them. I am running a 25 Tempest Plus right now and seeing decent speeds but only turning like 5500 RPMS. Would like to see close to 5800 or 5900. Trying to find a 24 Tempest Plus right now to try. Can't wait to see what this 25P will do in the fall though once it cools a little and the humidity drops.
    Yeah, I'm definitely propped right now as I almost never go out alone, usually with a couple others. Earlier this year I went out by myself, but I was hitting the rev limiter at 5750 on the opti with a 24p. It beeps and scares the crap outta me. The only reason I would ever get a 25p would be for top speed testing as that would keep me off the limiter, but it would be of no use for me otherwise. Cooler weather definitely seems to give me another mph or two as well.

4. Member
    That Champion is sweet, but 72 seems very unlikely unless it's behind the truck on the way to the ramp.

5. Member
    I was wondering about that speed too because I have a 2007 21SX with a Vmax300 and the best I ever saw was 74 GPS running solo and 1/4 tank of fuel on a 26p Fury. It's an awesome boat and rock-steady running low -s. You can take your hands off the wheel. It's very stable. Its a great combo for a high performance fish n ski. I thought about selling mine but it would be hard to part with. It has less than 100 hours on it and garage kept. I ordered it brand-new with nearly every option available. 10" Bob's hyd. jackplate. I love the boat but my wife keeps talking about wanting a lil' bit larger sport boat of some kind. Now, we mostly pull the kids on the tube and joy ride. Maybe next summer.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 21sx View Post
    I was wondering about that speed too because I have a 2007 21SX with a Vmax300 and the best I ever saw was 74 GPS running solo and 1/4 tank of fuel on a 26p Fury. It's an awesome boat and rock-steady running low -s. You can take your hands off the wheel. It's very stable. Its a great combo for a high performance fish n ski. I thought about selling mine but it would be hard to part with. It has less than 100 hours on it and garage kept. I ordered it brand-new with nearly every option available. 10" Bob's hyd. jackplate. I love the boat but my wife keeps talking about wanting a lil' bit larger sport boat of some kind. Now, we mostly pull the kids on the tube and joy ride. Maybe next summer.
    Have you run a tempest plus on yours. Seems to be the best prop for this boat top speed wise.

7. Member
    Best I have seen is 82.6 with a 2.5 200. With a prop suitable for deep water slalom starts 74 is it

8. Member
    Ya know, come to think of it, I have not tried a Tempest plus. I tried a Trophy, TXP 3 blade and TXP-OT4, Fury, T-1, Bravo1, and Revolution 4. If comer across one to borrow I'd love to try it. Can't afford to keep buying and trying.

9. Member
    do you still have the bravo 1? i'm curious to see how it would run on my boat.. what pitch?
    Chad Snow / Massachusetts
    2007 Ranger Reata 210 - Mercury Optimax 225 (#1B446134) - 12' Talons
    Carbon12’s @ Bow w/ AT- live 12 w/ 3D & live 7 @ Helm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12