Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Guys,
    please provide any help you can. i have to replace my lower unit and need to know which to order here is the engine info:

2006 Optimax 225L
    Serial # 1B432764

research i have done says i need the shaft length and Gear ratio. also can you point me towards someone with the best price.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jgill6816 View Post
    Guys,
    please provide any help you can. i have to replace my lower unit and need to know which to order here is the engine info:

2006 Optimax 225L
    Serial # 1B432764

research i have done says i need the shaft length and Gear ratio. also can you point me towards someone with the best price.
    Please open a SEPARATE thread for your engine. We'll be more than happy to assist you with your questions.

Please also explain (in that separate thread) where "natchitoches" is located.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Hello

I just purchased a Mercury 20HP tiller model
    I'm told it is a 1989

Serial Number 0B269125

Could someone tell me more about this motor and where I could find an online manual?

Thanks

Mike

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesluckylures View Post
    Hello

I just purchased a Mercury 20HP tiller model
    I'm told it is a 1989

Serial Number 0B269125

Could someone tell me more about this motor and where I could find an online manual?

Thanks

Mike
    Please see your other post- full details provided there on your engine.

You can purchase a Service Manual from any Authorized Mercury Dealer (they are not "online"- as they're copyrighted works... any copies found online are "bootleg/illegal").

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Outboard s/n: OG692656

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRanger21 View Post
    Outboard s/n: OG692656
    Please open a SEPARATE THREAD for your engine, and state what you would like assistance with. Thanks!

7. Member
    90 Optimax S/N 1B497483 Pre-owned Triton Aluminum. Interested in a Merc Monitor. Is this engine compatible?

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DP717 View Post
    90 Optimax S/N 1B497483 Pre-owned Triton Aluminum. Interested in a Merc Monitor. Is this engine compatible?
    Please open a separate post for your engine/question (rather than posting in the sticky at the top of the forum). Thanks!

Your engine IS compatible... Sherm @ Sherm's Marine (or we) would be more than happy to assist you with selecting an appropriate Smartcraft System for your boat (including special BBC member pricing).

Email or Phone are the BEST means of contacting the Parts Department(s).

9. Member
    1994 Mercury 200 HP 2.5 EFI Black Max XRi, Serial# 0G105305

10. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rwtharp View Post
    1994 Mercury 200 HP 2.5 EFI Black Max XRi, Serial# 0G105305
    Please read the first post in this thread. That information should be provided when you open your OWN thread for questions regarding your boat/engine.

11. Member
    Hi looking to find out year and model.
    S/N 6093681

12. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jman119 View Post
    Hi looking to find out year and model.
    S/N 6093681
    Welcome to BBC!

Looking forward, please open a separate thread/post for your engine.

Serial# 6093681
    Model# 1115622
    MERCURY 115 ELPT
    Manufactured: 11/20/81

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Welcome to BBC!

Looking forward, please open a separate thread/post for your engine.

Serial# 6093681
    Model# 1115622
    MERCURY 115 ELPT
    Manufactured: 11/20/81
    Thank you very helpful!

14. Member
    OG824270

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by t_ray_g View Post
    OG824270
    If you have a question/concern/issue, please open a separate post (include your serial number in the post).
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

16. Member
    OG508319

17. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bute56 View Post
    OG508319
    Please provide this in your OWN SEPARATE thread (along with your question).

No further serial numbers should be added here​.

18. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Can the welsh plug on the side of the engine give a clue to the model #? No tag on the starboard side of the swivel bracket......

19. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmeister View Post
    Can the welsh plug on the side of the engine give a clue to the model #? No tag on the starboard side of the swivel bracket......
    In some cases, yes. Depends on the engine.

20. Member
    0G637465

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast