Question 98 sprint 267 bilge pump location?

New here so I’m looking for info. I’m trying to locate the bilge pump, and not really sure there is even one here, but knowing where the discharge port is would help me trace. Not much room in the transom and I’m frustrated. Previous owner said he never used the switch but I’m beginning to think he “” lied” about a few things. Any help appreciated.
    thanks, Gary

2. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    From what I can see there is only one discharge point which is on the port rear of the hull. The bilge pump will usually be in the deepest part center of hull ,behind or below the livewells. Some rigs may have livewell pumpout teed into the bilge line,but that will be easy to see when tracing hose(S)

3. Member
    That is what I believe I have. There is a rear hose into a pump under gas tank and a discharge out. But I believe since under waterline it’s the live well feeder cause it has a screen over it.

4. Member
    If it’s The live well feed, how does the live well discharge, would it have a anti siphon valve on the discharge?

5. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    If the pump does not go thru hull it can't be a fill pump. Livewell pump out could be teed into the discharge. Follow the hose from the port on the rear and tell me where it goes.

6. Member
    I’ll get and post a pic but it exits below water line

7. Member
    I have a 94 266 model- bilge pump on mine is located on the passenger side almost right up against the transom. discharge is on the drivers side rear- Steve
    Last edited by smblaz44; 06-03-2020 at 11:55 AM.

8. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Galex View Post
    I’ll get and post a pic but it exits below water line
    That sounds like livewell overflow??? It would come from the top of the livewell to the thru hull at the rear...below water line....there would be no pump in line there....

9. Member
    I’m taking some pics tomorrow

10. Member

Found the bilge pump

Found it I believe. Mayfair bilge pump model 3270 mounted under gas tank. Have to undo tank hold down plates and lift gas tank to get to it.😪
    Attached Images Attached Images

11. Member
    Just a note, the bilge pump was located under the gas tank!! Had to remove the tank, relocated it( built a small hockey puck size mounting area away from the tank so I could get to it in the future) and replaced bilge pump cartridge and live well aerator pump cartridge at the same time!!

12. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar

You kinda think..............."WHAT THE HELL WERE THEY THINKING" when they mount this stuff in non-accessible areas without major work to get to it......... And we all know that they do fail sooner or later and at the most inconvenient time it seems like.....
    Gary

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.......

S.W. Ohio