Thread: help

help

just put the last hour of run in on my Z8, 200 pro xs and tried running fully open on plane, my problem is I could only get 5100 rpm and 58 mph gps. Im running a 10 inch hydraulic jackplate which was set at 3in below pad. the question I have with this is should there be any reason why I cannot trim the engine above vertical when I am on plane and could the trim problem be the reason for the low rpm and speed. any help would be greatly appreciated as this is my first boat.

2. Member
    what prop are you running? and... I hope you are not adjusting the hydraulic jp on the move.... the biggest mistake people make is trying to adjust a hydraulic jp during the run.
    David Geske
    Boatless Family Man

3. Member
    25 tempest from the factory

If its not attaining full trim, ur rpms will be lower. Why do u think ir not getting full trim?
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GetReel View Post
    what prop are you running? and... I hope you are not adjusting the hydraulic jp on the move.... the biggest mistake people make is trying to adjust a hydraulic jp during the run.
    Just curious as to why you should'nt adjust on the run?
    2013 Z8 200 ProXS
    Atlas Hyd Jack-Plate Terrova I-pilot
    The world needs more Tackle Boxes and less X-Boxes!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chak View Post
    Just curious as to why you should'nt adjust on the run?
    on my old boat, I sent my prop off to Mark to get fixed and tuned and he asked what jp I had, he was happy that I said I only had a manual jp, he said that if you adjust the jp on the fly it will cause prop slipping. He said that you need to come to a stop, then adjust, then back to WOT. He also said that this doesn't really apply with the "fast boats" like Strokers, Allisons etc...
    David Geske
    Boatless Family Man