1995 Aerator timer switch / livewell timer switch

Dug through the threads but couldn't find an answer. Very possible I missed it.

Anyway, I have a 1995 181 with an aerator timer by the right knee/throttle. The timer switch has the 25/50/75/100/Fill settings when on Auto setting on the dash. Unfortunately, the timer switch no longer 'clicks' into the different settings and just spins in the housing.

Is there a fix for this, or can someone point me in the direction of an OEM replacement part? I looked at C&O, Flow Rite and T-H, without much luck.

Can post picture of switch when I get home from work tonight.
    Last edited by KBush; 05-21-2013 at 09:11 AM.

2. Member
    Well, I googled it and found this thread. - http://www.bbcboards.net/champion-bo...die-champ.html

Timer switch - Bass Pro Livewell timer - is this my best option???

3. Member
    Thanks to google, found this thread too. Man, I'm going to have to google as well as 'Search Forum'.

http://www.bbcboards.net/champion-bo...er-switch.html

4. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Talk on phone with the folks at C&O. They have tons of parts not listed. Carol and SammyJo will help!

5. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    May just be a loose set screw on the knob or a loose nut on the switch. I'd check for that before you go to the Hip National ...

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    May just be a loose set screw on the knob or a loose nut on the switch. I'd check for that before you go to the Hip National ...
    I'll try that, and if need be will call C&O. One of the threads mentioned that C&O didn't have it, but that was a while back. Thanks, Gents!

7. Member
    I pulled the switch and found it was made by Uniforce Technologies, Inc. of Little Rock, AR. With the switch in hand, I can hold the main 'canister' and turn the knob and it clicks into each slot. However, if it is screwed in to the plate, it just spins. So, tried to tighten the nut, but that didn't help. What is going on with this thing?Aerator timer switch.jpgAerator timer knob.jpg

8. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Is there a set screw in the knob? It has to be loose if the whole switch/timer is not turning.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    Is there a set screw in the knob? It has to be loose if the whole switch/timer is not turning.
    Set screw is tight, nut is tight.
    Last edited by KBush; 05-29-2013 at 08:34 AM.

10. Member
    Anyone been able to repair the original equipment? If not, found a Livewell Timer on C&O's website. Looks like it would work.
    Last edited by KBush; 05-24-2013 at 12:56 PM.

11. Member
    did that livewell timer from C&O end up working or did your purchase something else? mine is stuck on and was looking at replacing it with the one from C&O