Looking to get a Multi-Species boat...

I am looking to get a used but reliable multi-species boat and need some advice. I am out in the West and I fish the California Delta, Sacramento River and the shallow American River for everything, from pan fish to sturgeon. I don't have much to spend, but would like an economical and efficient boat if there is such a thing. Any advice such as what and what not to look for would help.

Thanks in advance, James

First thing might be to see what dealers in your area have. If you've got all the big manufacturers Close by I'm sure they have 16ft models that will fit your budget. Best boat is one that has good dealer support .

3. Member
    you might want to look at walleye centrals web site they have just about any boat you can find. good luck!!

Don't know your budget but a ranger or stratos/javelin make great 20' walleye/musky/bass hulls.

5. Member
    The budget is really low. Max is 8k. Seen a few Tracker ProV in the 16-17 range. I like the layout of those boats, but just don't know the quality of it.

6. Member
    Buy a cheap plane ticket and shop in Minnesota--you'll have your pick of th elitter of lunds alumacraft, ranger 680, tuffy, etc from late 80-s to about 2000 in that price range.

7. Member
    I wish it was that abundant out here in California. Those boats are just not that popular.

what about an older aquasport or mako 17-20 foot hull,they make awesome big lake and ,river boats,they were built for inshore salt water but were some of the best boats on the planet,and are easy to handle,load on trailers,and the older 80's were the best built,can be had real reasonable with newer power. I grew up in florida,everybody has one down there,not sure if they were popular in cal. you could get a super nice one for $5k and they were built for fishing,live wells,center consoles,make for lotsa' space for fishing,and weight distribution.