94 275 pro xl aerator timer help

First off let me say hello as this is my first post here.

Now to business... i have a 94 275 pro xl my it runs the 2nd generation timer with the front mounted 2,4, and 6 min selector with the auto, off, and manual switches.

my port side runs fine on both auto and manual no problems what so ever

my starboard however only runs on manual.....

thats where i am stumped my boat only runs 1 timer which when checked with a voltmeter checks fine... 12(+) on red, (-) on black, and pulsed 12(+) on the other wire... the 2,4,6 min side of the timer also checks fine and you can feel and hear the relay click when turned on

so my questions are

how can 1 timer run both pumps individually?

if it is a fuse problem where would the fuse be located on my boat?

if it is a wiring problem will someone please explain how this dang thing is wired to both pumps and controls them individually?

....i did fine the sticky with the stratos wiring schematics but it was to no avail

thanks for the help the boat looks awfully sad being torn apart as it is right now

2. Banned
    One timer can easily be available for independent use with two separate pumps. Knowledge of electrical circuits and switches is required to understand how this can be done. Here is how I've seen it done on Stratos boats from 91, 94, 95, & 96 that I have seen:

Each pump is controlled from a 3 position toggle switch. Fiipped down is manual, center is off, and up is "run on timer". There are two switches (one for each pump), each typically with 6 terminals on the back in two "stacks" of 3 terminals. We will be interested in one of those 3 terminal stacks initially. We are interested in the 3 terminal stack with the center terminal connected to the pump wire.

The center switch terminal is the + wire for the pump. The top terminal is 12V, probably from a master power switch. When the switch is flipped down, the center tap actually connects to the TOP terminal. In this way, the pump runs constantly when the switch is in the down position. Each pump can do this independently.

If the switch for a pump is moved to the "auto" or "timer" position, the center terminal (pump wire) is connected to the bottom terminal, which is the "pulse" output of the ONE timer. So, if one pump or the other is flipped to that position, that pump will run based on the timer setting. If BOTH switches are flipped to "auto" or "timer" then BOTH pumps turn on and off based on the output of the single timer.

Typically, two of the other three terminals on the two livewell switches are used to provide the +12V to the timer. The wiring is arranged so that the timer only gets energized if at least one of the switches gets flipped to "auto" or "timer". This saves power.

It sounds like your timer is working. It seems that the pump works in manual from what you say. If your info is correct, then the problem is one of two things:

1) A contact inside the switch is defective, or
    2) The output of the timer is not reaching the appropriate terminal of that switch. A wire could be broken, pulled off, or corroded.

If you get a new switch, you likely need a DPDT Center OFF switch. (DPDT = Double Pole Double Throw)

3. Member
    You were right changed switches and she worked like a charm thank you so much for your answer. It was exactly what I asked for and needed.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TXguy201 View Post
    One timer can easily be available for independent use with two separate pumps. Knowledge of electrical circuits and switches is required to understand how this can be done. Here is how I've seen it done on Stratos boats from 91, 94, 95, & 96 that I have seen:

Each pump is controlled from a 3 position toggle switch. Fiipped down is manual, center is off, and up is "run on timer". There are two switches (one for each pump), each typically with 6 terminals on the back in two "stacks" of 3 terminals. We will be interested in one of those 3 terminal stacks initially. We are interested in the 3 terminal stack with the center terminal connected to the pump wire.

The center switch terminal is the + wire for the pump. The top terminal is 12V, probably from a master power switch. When the switch is flipped down, the center tap actually connects to the TOP terminal. In this way, the pump runs constantly when the switch is in the down position. Each pump can do this independently.

If the switch for a pump is moved to the "auto" or "timer" position, the center terminal (pump wire) is connected to the bottom terminal, which is the "pulse" output of the ONE timer. So, if one pump or the other is flipped to that position, that pump will run based on the timer setting. If BOTH switches are flipped to "auto" or "timer" then BOTH pumps turn on and off based on the output of the single timer.

Typically, two of the other three terminals on the two livewell switches are used to provide the +12V to the timer. The wiring is arranged so that the timer only gets energized if at least one of the switches gets flipped to "auto" or "timer". This saves power.

It sounds like your timer is working. It seems that the pump works in manual from what you say. If your info is correct, then the problem is one of two things:

1) A contact inside the switch is defective, or
    2) The output of the timer is not reaching the appropriate terminal of that switch. A wire could be broken, pulled off, or corroded.

If you get a new switch, you likely need a DPDT Center OFF switch. (DPDT = Double Pole Double Throw)
    I have the same boat and a similar problem. The circulation pumps work on manual, but not auto. I installed new wire connectors between the switches and the timer (red cylinder shape). They were corroded, but still no timer. The switches are getting the correct current at all terminals. How do I check the timer. I read abovet that the timer "clicks" when in use. Mine doesn't. Also I replaced all 4 live well pumps, but the 2 on the transom won't run (I guess fill pumps, they feed a second nozzle in the livewells). There is no "fill" switch. My guess is the "Master Aerator" switch when turned on runs those pumps to fill, but I don't know. Any help would be great. THANKS
    Matthew 4:19 - "Come, follow Me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."