Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    I agree with science BUT since i have had my Gambler with the Oxygenator and U2 i havent had 1 fish die in my wells! I live in Florida and water temps are high in summer! I fish tourneys with a lot of guys weighing in dead fish! My fish are crazy active at weigh in. I dont work for the company and not sponsored by them. Whats the science in that?

2. Member
    Havenman, I'll second that. Last spring (early... March and it was still relatively cold for NC) I lost fish in not one but two tournaments. I had the aerators running constant, filled first thing in the AM when the water was coolest, and even idled out to the deep part of the creek we were launching. I took every precaution I thought I could. After the first tournament, I replaced the aerator pump because I couldn't see any bubbles coming out of the recirculation outlet. The new pump took care of the bubble problem, but I still lost fish. I got VT-2's and 2 Oxygenators, and I haven't lost a fish since I installed them... I'm no chemical engineer, chemist, biologist, ect... but I can tell you in 100 degree NC summers, I never lost a fish last year... can they be scientifically proven to be effective? Dunno. I just know that I stopped losing fish after installing them.

3. Member
    riverby flats caretaker, Telephone Tx./lake fork texas
    I have been using this system for 5 yrs now and do not lose fish, same thing you put in an aquarium basically. takes care of 2 livewells if needed or put both stones in one. wire it to your recirc switch or a seperate one, uses almost no power too.

Academy - Marine Metal Products Power Bubbles™ 12 VDC Air Pump

4. Member
    Oxiginator from t/h marine does just fine compact design of course when you don't have room for a big oxigin bottle in the boat as it is it does just fine plus adding moore weight then having to spend money to fill up the bottle makes no since to me i get yalls science but when it comes to money im not buying oxigin every tourtament id rather buy baits lol

I've tried a lot of different additives, Ice, Oxygen, and such. Then I installed the VT-2 Vents !! Seems to work the best !!! My fish are VERY lively at the weigh ins !! And, I've noticed there is no "FOAM" on top of the water in the hotter months too. No moving parts or electrical connections required! !!! I chose to Rivet mine in rather that the Nut and Bolt that comes with them.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

6. Member
    I can tell you I have Pro Air and my fish are super active after using it and I have had it in three boats
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

7. Member
    I have had a Venturi system on all my boats. My triton currently has a system similar to this max-air system at this link. https://thmarinesupplies.com/product...enturi-aerator

this system has to be installed correctly for it to work the way it should. The air line has to be routed so that it doesn’t trap water in it like a p-trap. I had to reroute the air line in my new triton so that would work correctly. It had stopped producing bubbles after my first use of the livewell and I found the airline had gotten blocked with water. It works great now though. I rerouted the air line so that it was above the water line. I also carry a 1ft piece of airline with at all times in my boat just in case the air line gets plugged. If it does, I pull the airline off and install the 1ft piece so that it is sticking straight up in the bilge area. It works just as well that way, but you can’t hear the hissing sound the actual inlet makes. The Venturi port is installed on the recirculate inlet to the livewell and I just run the recirc pumps continuously.
    Dave
    2021 Triton 18TRX, Mercury 200 ProXS-4s
    Lowrance Elite FS, w/ Active Target
    Humminbird Helix 9 MEGA SI G4N
    Humminbird Helix 9 MEGA DI G4N

8. Member
    Ps. I have 4 fish tanks in my basement and currently have over 100 fish. There is not a single air stone in any of them. The water is aerated with pumps only. Air stones will get plugged over time and become useless. I have these aquariums for nearly 15 years without a problem.

Also, the oxygenators produce oxygen by separating hydrogen from the oxygen in water molecules. So, if they are producing oxygen, then they are also producing hydrogen gas that is very explosive. I can tell you that is not something I want to accumulate in my livewell.
    Dave
    2021 Triton 18TRX, Mercury 200 ProXS-4s
    Lowrance Elite FS, w/ Active Target
    Humminbird Helix 9 MEGA SI G4N
    Humminbird Helix 9 MEGA DI G4N

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123