Going from Raker to RakerII?

Can't find a decent priced original Raker, but several RakerII props around. I have heard you need to change pitches if going to a RakerII, any truth? I was turning my original Raker 5800 and pleased with its performance from hole shot to top end, will the RII be just as good? I run a 04 200HO on a 519. My original Raker was a 24 before it slung a blade this weekend
    Pimpin' ain't easy, but it's necessary.

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    May want to try a Tempest Plus. 25 P maybe just the ticket. Need a hub kit thou. I'm just getting back on the H20 and hung a different motor. Like a dummy I sold my original Raker 24. I cry every night that was the best prop ever! Dammit man!

Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    May want to try a Tempest Plus. 25 P maybe just the ticket. Need a hub kit thou. I'm just getting back on the H20 and hung a different motor. Like a dummy I sold my original Raker 24. I cry every night that was the best prop ever! Dammit man!
    Fred, PLEASE do yourself a favor and run one of marks razor 3's. They are awesome on the magnum OMC lowers. The evil twin of the rakers in my opinion and they handle like a dream. Also they have the blade thickness of the turbo's....very durable.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silkstringz View Post
    Fred, PLEASE do yourself a favor and run one of marks razor 3's. They are awesome on the magnum OMC lowers. The evil twin of the rakers in my opinion and they handle like a dream. Also they have the blade thickness of the turbo's....very durable.
    I talked to Mark about his Razor props, may go that route, I run a lightning lower, will this be an issue?
    Pimpin' ain't easy, but it's necessary.

5. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Which gear ratio?