Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Ok new here. 05 Heritage Softail Classic. Stage 1, Power Commander, Hooker true duals. I used the program for Vance and Hines Long shots. On the dyno, 72 HP. I put an RPM/REV light on it set at 5500. Power Commander REV limiter is set at 6200 (I hit the rev limiter once, scared the bejesus out of me, hence the indicator light. did not like that at all!) Was curious on what 5500 RPM meant. On the bike lift in 3rd gear 80 MPH on the speedo. Very happy with these mods. get 42 MPG regularly and has lots of pull. Very comfortable, rides like a couch. Just turned 30000 miles and going strong. Most reliable motorcycle I have ever owned. Do all my own maintenance and use HD SYN3 oil for crank case, transmission and chain case on a 5K mile schedule. Would have more miles but gotta fish some time. We are both retired, and fish the lower Roanoke during the week when everyone is at work and the ramps are empty and ride on the weekends when the log trucks are off the road.

2. Member
    Don't forget to upgrade your compensator also.

3. Member
    You mentioned 120r. That's the direction I went on my '13 Road Glide Custom. No regrets what-so-ever.
    I removed the 266 cams and went down in size to the 260 cams as I really do not want the cams stressing the valve springs. Plus I like the better low end torque.

I do my own tuning with the SEPST (Sreamin Eagle Pro Super Tuner) My bike makes 130/130 hp/tq, gets 40 mpg and is as ride-able as a stock engine.

After selling my original engine and doing all my own wrenching, I have less than $5k in the swap.

Otherwise, you do not mention the year of your bike but the 88" bikes respond well with cams, 95" pistons with up to 10.5 compression and a good tuner or if it's carbureted, a Mikuni.
    Just make sure you use components that compliment one another.

4. Member
    First I will admit I skipped all the replies that you got. If you want to add power to your TC88, you will need to change cams (assuming the stage I was pipes and A/C). There are way too many choices to even start to make a suggestion. But I happen to know a guy that can take care of all your power needs, all bullshit aside. Dragos Bike Works - home His name is Frank. I might also suggest, since you're familiar with online forums http://www.hdforums.com/. Very useful info here. I can spend DAYS reading here. Since I have a 2012 Road Glide, I'm also a member of the Road Glide specific forum.
    Rusty
    MSG (R)
    Louisiana National Guard
    Desert Storm, OIF Veteran
    08 21XDC/300XS

5. Member
    i did the 95 up grade, mikuni 42 samson true duals, and whatever sceaming eagle stuff that goes with it, I am not the fastest kid on the block, it sure is fun to ride reliable as heck and if you go easy on it I am still, high 40 to low 50mpg on the freeway. 02/flsts

6. Member
    Just ride it man, get another faster bike to please your need for speed. Harleys are just like horses, it is just as easy to keep one as it to keep a couple.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12