Thread: Oh snap!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    Just was told by Adams that all I have to do is take the club to a local Adams certified retailer (Dick's Sporting Goods) and they will set up the warranty repair for me and send it in.

Hopefully it works out! Will let you guys know!

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by artcarney_agr View Post
    Just was told by Adams that all I have to do is take the club to a local Adams certified retailer (Dick's Sporting Goods) and they will set up the warranty repair for me and send it in.

Hopefully it works out! Will let you guys know!

3. Banned
    Got it back yesterday and it's good to go.

4. Member
    Which shaft did it come back with ??

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Longrodder View Post
    I put V2's in all 3 of my hybrids. Very good shaft.
    Did you find the spline on the shafts or did you just align the shaft label with the head ?? I have read somewhere to put the labels to the rear

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by John Br. View Post
    Which shaft did it come back with ??
    It looks like they just chopped the broken end off the old shaft and stuck it back in....can't say that for sure though.

Same shaft make and model regardless, if not the exact same shaft.

Will I notice a shaft that is now an inch or two shorter? I haven't hit any balls yet since I got it back.

7. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    It looks like they just chopped the broken end off the old shaft and stuck it back in....can't say that for sure though.

Same shaft make and model regardless, if not the exact same shaft.

Will I notice a shaft that is now an inch or two shorter? I haven't hit any balls yet since I got it back.
    If they did that it will be stiffer now. I would be very surprised if they did that.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

8. Member
    Got it back yesterday and it's good to go.
    Have you played this driver since the repair ?? I am looking at a couple of F-11 heads on Ebay, just wondering if your issue is fixed ??

9. Member
    If there was concrete under the mats at the driving range, that could be a big part of the problem. Had the same thing happen with a new 3 wood. No give whatsoever with concrete.

I have the exact same driver and shaft... So far so good on mine... Really like the Adams clubs...have the A 12 OS hybids and irons now!

11. Banned
    Have you played this driver since the repair ?? I am looking at a couple of F-11 heads on Ebay, just wondering if your issue is fixed ??
    It does seem stiffer, so I really do think they just stuck the old shaft back in which made it an inch or so shorter. The good news is that I feel like I hit it a heck of a lot farther than before...was upset at first when I got it back, but after using it I'm happier now than when it was new, as it even feels better.

12. Member
    TRUST ME!!! Lots of people would be better off if they cut 1" off the length of their driver. Most today are 45-46" and I ALWAYS swing one that is 44". My loss of yardage was minimal and the gain in accuracy was MORE THAN WORTH IT!!!!!!!! This was shown to me by a PING Rep 3 years ago at a demo day.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/avatars/longrodder.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1383747738

13. Member
    It does seem stiffer, so I really do think they just stuck the old shaft back in which made it an inch or so shorter. The good news is that I feel like I hit it a heck of a lot farther than before...was upset at first when I got it back, but after using it I'm happier now than when it was new, as it even feels better.
    Thanks, I may get an F-11 head and put a Prolaunch Blue in it and see what happens

14. Banned
    Thanks, I may get an F-11 head and put a Prolaunch Blue in it and see what happens
    So about $30 for the head only on eBay and about $30 for the shaft?

Do you take it somewhere to have the shaft installed?

15. Member
    No I usually trim it to my length and epoxy it together, I will probably have the spline on this marked and put it to the rear of the head

16. Banned
    What epoxy do you use?

17. Member
    I have used Brampton or Diamond Tour Golf's glue, I think you can get the Brampton on EBAY free ship, 2-4oz bottles goes a looonnnggg way, Google how to change or install a golf shaft or golf head, lots of good videos to watch and learn from

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Longrodder View Post
    TRUST ME!!! Lots of people would be better off if they cut 1" off the length of their driver. Most today are 45-46" and I ALWAYS swing one that is 44". My loss of yardage was minimal and the gain in accuracy was MORE THAN WORTH IT!!!!!!!! This was shown to me by a PING Rep 3 years ago at a demo day.
    I trimmed a couple of inches off one of my drivers the other day and tried, I like the results !!! My mishits are a lot less exaggerated, same distance on straight shots

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12