Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    I have a 1992 361v that we have owned for almost 8 years. It has been the best boat I have been in. It is quick and agile and is a very stable platform. I have been in some extremely nasty conditions and it has gotten me out each time. There is a video from years back of a guy running a 361v I believe on one of the great lakes on a insanely wavy day.

Here is mine
    Attached Images Attached Images

Several have mentioned rod boxes are too short for longer rods. Quick forum search, and it appears others have drilled out the front of the rod locker using long drill extensions, for example:
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=469998

Other threads mentioned removing the front bow panel to gain access...?
    Guessing if you installed a trolling motor pedal tray, and did a fair amount of foam carving, you may be able to get access to the front of the locker - maybe to carve out more foam or route rod tubes towards the nose.
    Large diameter irrigation pipe (1-1/2 to 2" poly pipe) is cheap for making rod tubes, and can be heated to flare the end, or to curve if needed.

3. Member
    That video looks like fishing Conroe after noon on a sat. Freaking painful!

4. Member
    Tav,
    It's a small world. I just bought a 1992 361V w/150 Johnson Fast Strike here in SC.
    70 lb Motor Guide and Lowrance HDS 7's
    It is in show room condition and runs great

5. Member
    Xx
    Last edited by Bama Stripes; 12-22-2017 at 08:40 PM.

6. Member
    I have a 1989 361v commanche been fishing out of it since 1990. Tournaments, fourth motor, 3 trolling motors, garage kept. Now with power poles. New Rangers are nice but this boat won't die and it's paid for.

7. Member
    I have always wanted a 360 series, had a 350v and It was one tough boat!

8. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    I have a 1990 374V that I paid $5500 for and have put in quite a few upgrades seats, rugs , new windshield and HDS units and had to put in a new power head my original over heated and cracked the block what a shame ,as she was one of the HOT motors from 1991 that ran like tin bear..but couldn't be happier with my boat for the waters I fish it is perfect
    Last edited by twitch; 02-07-2018 at 04:31 PM.
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

9. Member
    From someone who switched to Champions in the 90’s. I had two 18’ Champions, a 181 and a 187. I demod about every one made. I’ve spent lots of time in Ranger 3 series. They are tough as nails if cared for. My only draw back is they can be wet and rough in rough water compared to other 18’ hulls of that era. The plus is they are dock stable when fishing and if you need parts you can still contact Ranger direct for them.

I guess my fav 18’ Hull has to be the Champ 187. But, you know what they say about opinions. If you can find a clean 3 series like the ones in these pictures for the prices mentioned with a strong fast strike, XR6, or ProV...get er done! It won’t last long!!

10. Member
    I just bought a 92’ 361 it’s in pretty good shape extended front deck with a Merc 150XRI

11. Member
    I had a 1996 363 for 23 years, I just sold it a few months ago and it was hard to watch it drive away. It had a 150 Mariner mag 3 that had very few minor issues, I never had to be towed in. I put a factory deck extension on it right away so I always felt like I had a decent amount of deck space. I upgraded the trolling motor and electronics over the years so I always felt up to date. It would hit low 50s and take a slight chop with no problems, big water you needed to drive it accordingly. It towed like a dream and was easy to maneuver on the water. The hull never had a crack, the finish still looked great and the lids still felt solid. It was a very well built boat. The biggest negative was rod storage. I would highly recommend.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123