Lightbulb anybody have one of these alternator run battery chargers?

MK 2 DC Alternator Charger (2 bank) Just tried mine out this weekend. Batteries were at 90% when I got home. Charger activates when ignition is in the on position and cranking voltage is 13.6 or higher. Seemed like a good deal for 130 bones. Just wondering what anybody else's expirience with this charger has been.

2. Member
    Got the same unit on my Champion. As long as you run a few time's a day you'll always have plenty of trolling motor juice. I like mine too.
    __________________________________________________ _______________

2008 ChampioN 198

3. Member
    I have had it for 2 years. I love it. Never have a low battery and full recharge is about 4 hours max, if I have made any decent runs during the day.

4. Member
    I got a single output last year. Seems to help, since I started fishing bigger lakes. If I was still fishing smaller lakes, I wouldn't bother. PS, does anyone know if the unit stops charging if it detects a fully charged battery? Or will it always charge as long as the motor is running?

5. Member
    It shuts off when full, but would take a long run to ever get it charged back to full. It charges starting battery to full first and will switch back to it, whenever it needs it.

6. Member
    On my old boat I had a Guest unit that at the time was a prototype. Apparently Tracker wanted the previous owner to give it a try. Well for 4 years I cannot tell you how much I liked that unit. We camp for a week in the summer at a primitive campground, to charge my batteries I had to drag a generator down to the boat. All I did was go boat riding for a while and I did not have to worry about it at all.

This design should be standard on all bass boats, no matter what brand it is.
    2021 Phoenix 819 - Mercury 200 Pro XS - Ser No 2B779353
    Ultrex/Humminbird Helix 12 SI Mega/Helix 10 Mega DI/Mega 360
    Garmin 1022 with LVS34

7. Member
    Nice... No more power cored running out the motel doors anymore!!! Let us know how it works for you....

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tjonas1 View Post
    Nice... No more power cored running out the motel doors anymore!!! Let us know how it works for you....
    I would not go that far. Mine still needs charged for a tournament the next day. Does not take as long, but would not feel good about fishing a tournament day without plugging in. Have done it on a practice trip and it worked fine, but did not push tm as hard as I would during tourney.

Quote Originally Posted by tjonas1 View Post
    Yeah thats what I was hoping. I wouldnt fish any 100k tournaments or anything like that without toping off the batteries but I'm not fishing any of those anyway . I usually make my longest runs first in the morning so I figure that should charge up the batteries pretty good if I had fished the previuos day. I hate trying to charge up when I fish multiple day tournaments or just camping and boating with the family, extension cords suck .

10. Member
    I've run the Stealth 1 Charging system for over a decade, and it is absolutely the finest I've seen. Charges cranking battery fully first, then directs voltage to trolling motor batteries. I've run a 3 battery, 36 volt system, and this charger, and have never had any problem with running out of battery power on the water. Most days my batteries are at least 85% charged when I come off the water.

11. Member
    Been using a StayNCharge-All Charge unit...It has been flawless, easy to use and takes up very little room in the bilge area. Here's the link;

Stay N Charge: chargers

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 201pro View Post
    It shuts off when full, but would take a long run to ever get it charged back to full. It charges starting battery to full first and will switch back to it, whenever it needs it.
    See, I'm not entirely sure of that. It was my first trip out for the year the other day. Anyways, all the batteries on my boat were fully charged. It was mainly a run around first to make sure the motor is fine after sitting for so long. Well, I happen to look at the charger and it was indicating charging the trolling battery with the orange light, even though it was 30mins into driving around. Like I said, the battery was already fully charged before hand.

I love the dual pro version :)
    --------------------------------------------
    Phillip Arrington
    Dover/Goodlettsville Tn

2017 Sponsoring Partners:
    C&O Marine, Mercury Marine, Goodlettsville Gun Shop, Cantrell's Market, Motorguide , YETI, Carrot Stix, Yum, GateWay Tire Service Center, StormR, SpoolTek, RodSox, Jewel Bait Company, U.S. Bass, Bobs Machine Shop, Lazyman Hooks, FishBum, Bass Militia, Rayus, and Jenko Fishing.

1999 Triton TR-21PD
    Mercury 300R