Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Look great!

2. Member
    Stretch1 I ordered the new reverse lights from ranger parts for my 99 518vx... The only issue is that you will have to make the hole bigger for them to fit but it's not that hard... They come pre wired and all for a direct plug in once you get them mounted.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vt811q View Post
    Stretch1 I ordered the new reverse lights from ranger parts for my 99 518vx... The only issue is that you will have to make the hole bigger for them to fit but it's not that hard... They come pre wired and all for a direct plug in once you get them mounted.
    Hi vt...haven't taken a good look yet but wondering how do you get the old reverse lights out? I'm assuming there are no bulbs that can be replaced?

4. Member
    There are nuts on the back side of them. You can replace the bulbs as long as you silicone it back cery good. It takes a little work un sealing to get to the bulb but it CAN be done
    2019 Phoenix 721 ProXp
    2019-250 H.P. Mercury ProXs 4 Stroke V8 Serial# 2B531797

5. Member
    That's correct but once you do the work to take them out and replace the bulbs you could just cut the hole bigger and install the new LED's in their place. Trust me it is well worth every dime to install them... They are 10 times brighter than the old ones and they look alot better. Here is a pic of my 99 518 with the WESBAR wrap around LED's and the Ranger LED reverse lights.DSCN5396.jpg

That's correct but once you do the work to take them out and replace the bulbs you could just cut the hole bigger and install the new LED's in their place. Trust me it is well worth every dime to install them... They are 10 times brighter than the old ones and they look alot better. Here is a pic of my 99 518 with the WESBAR wrap around LED's and the Ranger LED reverse lights.DSCN5396.jpg
    Very nice!

7. Member
    I did the same thing as you, I had a reverse light go out and replaced with the new ranger ones. I did experiment on replacing the bulbs and it worked so I sold them to a guy in my club. They still work great for him. Thats why I was explaining on how to do it.
    2019 Phoenix 721 ProXp
    2019-250 H.P. Mercury ProXs 4 Stroke V8 Serial# 2B531797

8. Member
    Can you provide the part number or year and model of boat thde new Ranger LED reverse lights are from so I can order the correct ones?

Thanks!

9. Member
    Anyone find the LED solution for the 2 Yellow running lights on the fairing? Have a 2004 521VX. Appreciate any insight.

10. Member
    I just called ranger and told them what I had and he just sent me those... I will take a picture of the ones I put on my trailer tomorrow and post them I bought them from bass pro.

11. Member
    Hi All, Please be informed that I called Ranger today to order replacement LED backup lights for my 2004 521VX trailer. They informed me that they no longer can get the current LED replacements and have a new version coming in soon. I ordered them and they cost $78. Not sure when they will be available, but at least I am in line and will have the latest in case I ever need a replacement down the road.

12. Member
    Please post pics when you get them Sir.

13. Member
    Will do!

Great info for both the LED braking lights and the back up.. Thanks for posting!
    2001 Ranger 518DVX Comanche / Mercury 200 Opti (OT306368)

15. Member
    Hi Folks. So I received the White LED Back-up Light Replacement from Ranger today. Unfortunately, I only received 1 light in the box vs. 2, however they are very kind at Ranger and helping to send me another one. However, I am not sure i am completely satisfied with the solution and if I want to install it. It has a plastic back plate that I am to drill 3 holes into the fender to hold it on and cover up the round hole. Ranger says this is the latest light they are using and this is the retro-fit they offer for the older version boats.

Check out the pictures and let me know your opinions and if any alternative suggestions. Thanks for helping me on this decision process.thumb_IMG_1846_1024.jpgthumb_IMG_1847_1024.jpgthumb_IMG_1848_1024.jpg

16. Member
    Great post, just ordered new lights for my rig. Thank you BBC.

17. Member
    Any opinions on these LED reverse light retro-fits from Ranger?

Trying to decide and appreciate the help to guide me.

They look nice to me.. If you decide to unload them let me know?. Thanks Dave
    2001 Ranger 518DVX Comanche / Mercury 200 Opti (OT306368)

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by daveba View Post
    Any opinions on these LED reverse light retro-fits from Ranger?

Trying to decide and appreciate the help to guide me.
    I personally think the rero fit looks good and clean. Nice on the plastic to cover the hole...with them being a led like this it should be the last you EVER need....if it was mine, I would go for it!!

I might see if they fit on my trailer as well...this is a nice refit

20. Member
    Dave if they are as bright as the circular ones that they sent me I would go for it for sure. I loaded my boat up at 9pm last night at a ramp with no street lights and I didn't have a problem at all seeing. They are definitely worth every penny.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast