Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Ok I received the lights in the mail and have a question? The connector on the replacement lights does not match what I have under the trailer? All I have is a loose black,red and white wires that are all connected separately. Did you guys find the connector that matches the other one somewhere or do I just cut it off and connect the wires individually?

2. Member
    Cut the old ones off the original lights and solder with shrink tube them to the new lighting wiring.

3. Member
    Well I went to Radio Shack and they had a 12" harness with they exact connection I needed on either end. I cut them into two 6" sections and spliced them in. I put heat shrink over them and then liguid electrical tape (overkill) and everyting is working and they look great.

Can the existing trailer wires be cut and just spliced in with new butt connectors as you would with a regular replacement?
    2022 Phoenix 920 Elite Mercury 4-Stroke 250 ProXS

5. Member
    Castandblas,
    I am wondering the same thing. Going to replace old trailer lights with the LEDs.
    2000 Ranger Bay 200c
    2000 Mercury 225 EFI

6. Member
    I am sure you can do that if you choose. I chose to stick with the original Ranger connectors because they just seemed better than others. I was able to do the splicing on my bench on the new light housings vs doing the splicing on my back under the trailer. Obviously solder and sealing with shrink wrap or some other waterproofing works best. One word of advise, this weekend my passenger side light slipped off the bolts. The carriage head bolt slides in a channel on the back of the LED light housing. In order to make them symmetrical on driver and passenger side one had to be mounted upside down.....the bolt slot openings face up on my passenger side. Well the bolts slipped down and i trailered for what I guess to be about 20 miles before I noticed the light hanging down. No harm no foul. Everything worked once I reattached the light to the trailer. I picked up some stainless nylon lock nuts to keep the bolts from loosening. I may pull the light back out to see if there is a way I can seat the carriage head bolt into the slot so it does not slide out again....thinking a spot of epoxy will work.

7. Member
    I put my LED lights on exactly like this. I had to flip them and they seemed to fit perfectly with no drilling of anything. The one word of caution is that the lights have a slide in slot that is designed to be installed the other way where if you flip them the slots will let the light drop out if the bolts are not tight.

Now where do I get a LED backup light, both of mine are burnt out and I cannot find a backup light...

I did the same thing in my 2003 521vx after two years of popping the bulbs on the old lights. I took the steel guard rails off too, it looks much cleaner without them.

9. Member
    I mentioned the bolt channel as well. Tighten down and lock nuts. I am looking to replace the back up light as well. Post if you are able to locate a replacement.

10. Member
    Anybody know of a LED backup light replacement for these trailers.

11. Member
    Just finished the Wesbar LED replacements. Man they look good. Better than the Wesco wrap around in my opinion. As instructed by Wormdunker, I fitted them with nylon lock nuts so they would not slip. I also made sure to use good butt connectors and wire shrink wrap. Thanks for the help and pics gents!
    2000 Ranger Bay 200c
    2000 Mercury 225 EFI

Ranger200c, what website did you use to order your lights?

13. Member
    Cast, I ordered them from Trailer Parts SuperStore. Part #271594 R/H Light and #281595 L/H light. Wesbar LED waterproof light. Earlier you mentioned about tying them in to your existing wires, I just spliced them and used good waterproof butt connectors and used shrink tube to seal the connectors. They were really easy to install. They make the Wesco lights that were factory installed look like candles,no comparison. Really lights up the trailer.
    2000 Ranger Bay 200c
    2000 Mercury 225 EFI

14. Member
    Stretch, I found these LED back up lights. Don't know if that's what your after though.

LED Trailer Backup Light - 10 Diode - Reflex Flange - Sealed - 4" Round - White w/ Clear Lens
    BUL11CBX
    $ 29.95
    2000 Ranger Bay 200c
    2000 Mercury 225 EFI

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger200c View Post
    Cast, I ordered them from Trailer Parts SuperStore. Part #271594 R/H Light and #281595 L/H light. Wesbar LED waterproof light. Earlier you mentioned about tying them in to your existing wires, I just spliced them and used good waterproof butt connectors and used shrink tube to seal the connectors. They were really easy to install. They make the Wesco lights that were factory installed look like candles,no comparison. Really lights up the trailer.
    Thanks, going to order some soon!

Search Ebay for Ranger Trailer Back Up Light New LED Style

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wormdunker View Post
    I did the same thing last year to my 02 518vx tandem trlr. only thing I have remaining are the 2 Yellow running lights on my trailer fairing....cant find the right sized replacement LED anywhere. All other lights are now LED
    Bass Pro sell those and I believe they are optronics..

JUST finally got a chance to swap my lights. Put left on right side and vise versa to make it look clean. Both lights were working before I took them off; now only back right works and NOtHING on left rear!!! Anyone run into any troubles? I know it has to be simple...

Just ordered a pair - Will post pics as well - Thanks guys....

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STRETCH1 View Post
    I put my LED lights on exactly like this. I had to flip them and they seemed to fit perfectly with no drilling of anything. The one word of caution is that the lights have a slide in slot that is designed to be installed the other way where if you flip them the slots will let the light drop out if the bolts are not tight.

Now where do I get a LED backup light, both of mine are burnt out and I cannot find a backup light...

I would like replacement backup lights that are LED. Anybody know where to get them? Just like these and not the 4" round lights on the later trailers.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast