Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Well it was 24..

Normal or not...anyone know for sure?

3. Member
    I did a search for this and found where Don had replied to another thread. Apparently it is normal. Sounds weird to me, but I would definitely trust him.

http://www.bbcboards.net/mercury-3-liter-high-performance/25693-another-alternator-problem.html

Yea I found another thread where Don said 20+ was normal with fuse blown. I thought about just cutting out the link and putting in a regular 100 amp fuse but I guess Ill just wait and see what Don says, and then order one from him....but those little jokers are $50+, for a fuse

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by clay-wallace View Post
    Yea I found another thread where Don said 20+ was normal with fuse blown. I thought about just cutting out the link and putting in a regular 100 amp fuse but I guess Ill just wait and see what Don says, and then order one from him....but those little jokers are $50+, for a fuse
    REPLACE the fusable link lead. It's blown.... the high voltage at the output terminal of the alternator is an indication that no battery is connected.

This fuse blows due to REVERSE POLARITY CONNECTIONS (you'll have to determine the "who and when").

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

I wonder who the "who" could be....hmmmmmm Do you recommend I buy the stock Mercury fuse or just get one at autozone?

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    You WILL need to order a replacement fusable link lead (OEM Mercury). Don't attempt to patch-repair this component, as it's critical in protecting the electronics on your engine against "inadvertant errors of Mr. Who".

See Rhonda's sticky post (pinned to the top of the forum)- we should have that item in stock.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Thanks again for all the Help Don, I know you have to get tired of us picking your brain constantly. I sent Rhonda an email to get the part ordered

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12