Tempest 23 question for Mark

Mark,

I am currently using a Tempest 23 on my Triton 18SE (same hull as XS) wiht an Optimax pro xs 150. I have it set for right at 3" below pad and hitting 58mph at 5400 RPMs. I would like to get this up to the higher end of the RPM range...preferably 5700+. Can this prop be worked to get me there? Or do I need to buy (or trade for) a lower pitched prop?

I also have a brand new Trophy plus 21, which only gets me about 150 more RPMs with same height settings. Could this also be worked higher? The Trophy seems to vibrate alot...like it isn't balanced well.

Please let me know your sugesions, prices and where to send a prop if I want it worked.

Thanks you,
    Doug

Which do you think is the best prop for my rig. My hull is the XS one, so heavier the TR seiries hulls.

2. BBC SPONSOR
    Does it have a hotfoot?

3. Member
    Yes. And it has been checked to make sure it is getting full throttle.

It is new with only around 20 hours, but I was told it should be past break in period.

4. BBC SPONSOR
    I think it should turn that 23 more so I;m not sure what to recommend other than gooing down in pitch.

5. Member
    Will raising it up a little help at all? Can it be worked down in pitch a little? Or should I look to get a 22 tempest?

6. Member
    What is your water pressure at WOT?

7. Member
    Also what kind of load are you carrying IE fuel, gear, etc? your numbers are not that far off. Also what temps like in your area right now to include water temp?

8. Member
    I think the water pressure was around 17-18 (i will have to look again next time out)...temperatures were air = mid 60s and water in low 50s....I had a full tank of gas (43 gallons), just me my front and back seats in and 8 or so rods up front...tackle in back boxes.

9. BBC SPONSOR
    I can repitch it and get you 200 rpms.

10. Member
    I'm sending it today