Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

2. Banned
    As i stated before, great stuff!!!!!! You gotta go?? Can think of several times over the years somebody had to go, go, go!!!!

3. Member
    I have marshalled in 7 Bassmaster Classics and was able to ride with 3 different fisherman at each classic. probably the 2 scariest times were with Ike and Kevin Wirth. Ike lost control of the boat on the Red River with Aaron Martens right behind us boat did a 180 and he shut it down, Kevin Wirth drove his boat with radar from New Orleans to Venice La. in the dense fog at 75 mph did not like that atall a few birds also died and the ride down was over 2hrs long. Both were great guys

I had the opportunity to Marshall all four days at Lake Martin 1st. Day with Gerald Swindle,day two with Bobby Lane, day 3 with Skylar Hamilton and day four with Justin Lucas. Yes they drive fast and fish hard and their casting accuracy is unbelievable. I enjoyed every day with them they were all great draws for me. They talked I was able to ask questions and was invited up to watch Justin Lucas’s graphs as he video fished. I have Mashalled twice and enjoyed the experience. I was able to be with Cliff Pace and Rick Clunn on Guntersville two yrs ago and no bad experiences. If you get the draw it cost $150 for four days with the pros that’s hard to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter-14 View Post
    I had the opportunity to Marshall all four days at Lake Martin 1st. Day with Gerald Swindle,day two with Bobby Lane, day 3 with Skylar Hamilton and day four with Justin Lucas. Yes they drive fast and fish hard and their casting accuracy is unbelievable. I enjoyed every day with them they were all great draws for me. They talked I was able to ask questions and was invited up to watch Justin Lucas’s graphs as he video fished. I have Mashalled twice and enjoyed the experience. I was able to be with Cliff Pace and Rick Clunn on Guntersville two yrs ago and no bad experiences. If you get the draw it cost $150 for four days with the pros that’s hard to beat.
    You are very lucky to get 4 days. A lot of guys only get 2 days. When did they go up on price? When I did it it was only 100

Ill be a marshal on ky lake this year. Should be a fun time. Just hope the wind doesn't blow too bad.
    Jason
    2015 Phoenix 919 225 ProXs

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vausoner View Post
    Ill be a marshal on ky lake this year. Should be a fun time. Just hope the wind doesn't blow too bad.
    I am to. Praying for no strong North winds!

8. CMO Reel Life Baits scottyisback44's Avatar
    Has anyone ever had to enforce any rule violations?

9. Member
    You don't enforce anything you just watch and if they don't report a rule violation themself then you go to trip after the day is over

10. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    i prevented a pro's boat from slamming into a tree. he turned around and asked me not to do that, it could be consider helping him out.
    they take is seriously !

Quote Originally Posted by sclark View Post
    i prevented a pro's boat from slamming into a tree. he turned around and asked me not to do that, it could be consider helping him out.
    they take is seriously !
    Yeah and that's something you can legally do as a Marshall. In every pre tournament meeting I've been in, Chuck says we can help them from tearing their boats up if they're headed for rocks, trees or sharp edged docks.....Most of the Elites are pretty cool about what you can or can't do, but some are kinda *****s about it.

12. Member
    Really enjoyed reading the experiences of all you guys. My personal fear is riding with a crazy man. I'm pretty laid back when I drive my boat and not in too much of a hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by leobass View Post
    Really enjoyed reading the experiences of all you guys. My personal fear is riding with a crazy man. I'm pretty laid back when I drive my boat and not in too much of a hurry.
    Don't worry about it too much. They all have a job and getting there and back in one piece is a big part of it.

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sclark View Post
    they take is seriously !
    Yes your not supposed to do anything, if a fish gets off you can't keep it from going overboard, not supposed to tell them what time it its or help them in any way that would make their day more efficient.

15. Member
    So for the guys that have done it - looks like a four day commitment that may include a Monday? Enjoyed the stories on this thread and thinking about giving it a try, so a brief outline of the logistics would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by blakesfav View Post
    So for the guys that have done it - looks like a four day commitment that may include a Monday? Enjoyed the stories on this thread and thinking about giving it a try, so a brief outline of the logistics would be great.
    There’s probably only 6 people that get to do it 4 days. Only 50 that get to do it 3 days.

17. Banned
    Most likely its a two day commitment, I signed up for 3 and still only got to do 2.

18. Member
    I Marshalled for three days and was one of 7 that got picked for the fourth day but Championship Sunday was postponed due to bad weather and I had to work that Monday The Marshall's that were picked for the final day was determined by how much and often you posted to BASSTrakk.

I'd do it again if they ever come back to Ross Barnett.
    Hi Mike.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blakesfav View Post
    Take LOTS of pics and short videos and send them in to BASSTrakk. At the Marshalls meeting they will explain everything to you. Get there early and don't make the pro wait on you LOL. They are nice but are on a schedule. And remember...they put their pants on just like you do. You'll find out if the pros you draw are the chatty type or the silent type. I had Chris Lane, Casey Ashley and Stephen Browning. Chris was pretty quiet, Casey was just a good ole country boy and Stephen was very enthusiastic and very nice.

Bare in mind it can get REALLY REALLY REALLY boring, especially if they are not on the fish. It can make for a LONG HORRIBLE day. Throw in bad weather and you'll see why some Marshalls don't come back the next day.

Just take it for what is and learn what you can. Everybody's experiences are different.
    Hi Mike.

20. Banned
    same for the classic. some of us will get picked for sunday, so mine is at least a 4 day commitment. you don't have to do the practice day though.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast