Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    I bet that was a crowded boat
    Upright and level flotation!
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

crap i cant believe some of you guys do this shit. To sit with a crazy pro who doesnt care if he kills you both? Proves to me that brains,skill and common sense arent gifted to all

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo924 View Post
    crap i cant believe some of you guys do this shit. To sit with a crazy pro who doesnt care if he kills you both? Proves to me that brains,skill and common sense arent gifted to all
    I’d say I’ve got a better shot of dying on my way home from work in the morning than being killed in one of these boat.

no disrespect for the guys that do it,,,just know it aint gonna be me

Regardless of what Jomo seems to think, the pro's are not out to kill both of you.

I was a marshal the last two years at AOY on Mille Lacs. Great experience both years. I will say it is a little tough to watch someone else fish for that long without fishing yourself, but the guys I was with were all great. Most chatted with me throughout the day and were happy to answer my questions. A few would call me up to the front to check out the graph when they were seeing something important....bait fish clouds, bass, rock piles, etc. I learned more in my 6 days with the pro's on Mille Lacs than I had myself in 10 years (granted I only make it up there a few times a year). Its really interesting to see different fishing styles on the same body of water.

2016 I rode with Casey Ashley, Jordan Lee, and Bradley Roy.
    2017 I rode with Bobby Lane and Clifford Pirch (twice). I didn't know they would allow you to draw the same pro multiple days, but it turns out they do.

AOY is kind of tough to be a marshal because the tourney is Thursday, Friday, and then Sunday. And every Marshal does 3 days. I just brought my boat during my trip and fished local lakes on Saturday, but I would have been happy just being a marshal Thursday and Friday.

6. Banned
    In the Elite series, nahhh these guys know what they are doing and can drive a boat, now in the bassmaster opens or flw costas, yeah you have a chance at drawing some ass thats got no business being on the water with a 250hp bass boat.

Quote Originally Posted by waco oso View Post
    In the Elite series, nahhh these guys know what they are doing and can drive a boat, now in the bassmaster opens or flw costas, yeah you have a chance at drawing some ass thats got no business being on the water with a 250hp bass boat.
    There’s alot of elites that can’t drive either. That’s what bill lower told me when I rode with him.

9. CMO Reel Life Baits scottyisback44's Avatar
    Somebody must have a story about riding with Gman...

These stories were incredible. Keep them coming

10. Member
    Before Marshals, you could fish with the BASS pros in the Top 100 and Top 150 series as a coangler. Couple of memories from the 90s. Fishing with Marty Stone on the Potomac in one of the bays South of Mattawoman, the bay is only 3-400 yds wide. and another boater comes in and starts fishing the edge of the same weedline we are fishing about 100 yds away. Marty does not say a word, just put his TM on High and goes right at the guy; stops about 2-3 boat lengths in front of him, turns around and starts fishing toward where we were originally. Drew OT Fears on the Hudson out of Catskill, which is about 30 miles below Albany. The Hudson is a tidal river, with about a 3 foot swing in the tide a it changes over a 6 hour period. One of the proven ways to catch
    bass is to fish "suck holes", which are small tunnels and large culverts under the RR along the East side of the river, with lagoons tat flowed out when the tide dropped. That was OTs pattern, and we fished every "suck hole" from the launch down to West Point; which seemed like 40 miles to me. I got a clear lesson on Front Ending that day and finally caught a keeper when OT was culling. The boat ride was amusing due to the large number of pleasure boats we passed. OT would run right up near the stern of the pleasure boat and jump the first (and only) wave off the stern. Got lot of funny looks from the people we were passing.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    Upright and level flotation!
    Ranger

12. Member
    That's how I want to go out, FISHING

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Hey the Crazy Pro is fishing for $100,000 so he can keep living the dream so with that kind of money on the line you can't expect him to be concerned about somebody who paid $150.00 just to be in his presence....

Quote Originally Posted by munchie View Post
    That's how I want to go out, FISHING
    You are not fishing if you are a Marshall.

Quote Originally Posted by LrgMouthCatcha View Post
    Depends on who you're riding with. Going 78MPH in thick fog (could barely see the front of the boat) with Jason Quinn scared me to death - I was just waiting to crash. Edwin Evers going 75MPH going across what seemed like 6 footers was tough. But the worst ride I had was with Britt Myers... did not let up in large waves and rain going what felt like 300MPH in that Bass Cat. I almost bounced out of the boat a couple of times and crushed the "baby makers"! I almost vomited. It was so rough the livewell lids bounced open (luckily for him, no fish flew out). On the other hand, Rick Clunn had the center console Z9 and hardly broke 60MPH - he had no Hot Foot in his boat (only the hand throttle). He even sat "Indian Style" while driving. lol
    Jason Quinn himself would scare hell out me .

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    You are not fishing if you are a Marshall.
    Lol, like I said, never been one

17. Member
    I will tell you a Marshall story if you promise not to say phew! Or ask me who!
    It was several years back and a big pro tx. with co's. I was a co.
    Lots of big name pros today were there. It was on Guntesville the weather
    was warm. Near 200 boats were grouped out near ramp waiting for taken off.
    We were first boat in last flight.......50 boats to the flight.
    We were on the edge of the group.
    The first boat went. My pro was on front deck. I was in passenger seat.
    He said come here and sit. I did.
    He got on edge of transom and took a chit!
    I kid you not!
    If anybody saw it besides me I never knew it.
    When you gotta go you gotta go I guess!
    Last edited by 5keepers2; 02-17-2018 at 08:10 AM.

18. Member
    Love these

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rjvana View Post
    Jason Quinn himself would scare hell out me .
    Jason is local here in Lake Wylie. He's a pretty cool guy actually, always willing to talk to anyone at the ramp. This a story, I wasn't a marshall but a story none the less. Jason fished one of the local team tournaments a few years ago, came in and weighed their fish. Then he parked his boat (on the trailer) while waiting for the rest of the boats to finish weighing. As I walked past, he and his partner had their kids in the boat and they were all tearing that boat inside out; under the console, seats, etc. I stopped, asked them how they did, and then asked what they were doing. Jason replied that he had lost one of his diamond earrings in the boat and they were trying to find it. Guess they didn't call him "Hardware" for nothing.
    Last edited by FishnPicker; 02-16-2018 at 11:03 PM.

20. Member
    I also have Jason Quinn story. It was FLW EVERSTART on Guntersville.
    I was a co. I had a great first day and was sitting in top ten ( I don't remember
    exact place 3rd maybe). I drew Jason second day and he was somewhere around 40-50
    place and again I don;t remember exact place.
    Back then only top 20 advanced to 3rd day and top 10 to 4th day.
    Weights started over on 3rd and 4th days.
    Fishing was good and we were throwing top water.
    I knew any type limit and I would make 3rd day.
    Jason however was going to have to have a big limit to advance to 3rd day.
    15 inch limit on Guntersville and in short order Jason has limit for about 12 pounds.
    Somewhere around 10 o'clock I get number 5 for about 12 pounds.
    I lay my rod down and get out my lunch sandwich. Jason looks me over but doesn't say anything.
    I finish my sandwich and just continue to sit there.
    Jason says what are you doing? I say I know I got 3rd day made and you don't.
    You need a 5 pounder to make 3rd day and I don't want to catch it out from under you so I am not going to fish.
    Well Jason laid his rod down and sat down in boat and said if you don't fish I don't fish.
    I jumped up and said get to casting.
    About an hour later a 5 crushed my top water and I lost it at the boat.
    If Jason would have caught that fish he would have made the cut.
    I made the cut and had decent 4th day.
    Jason missed the cut only a few places.
    Jason is as fine a pro and person as I have ever fish with!
    I can't say enough good things about him!
    Jason if you read this..... I sure was pulling for you to catch that 5 pounder!

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast