Blazer 625 pro elite

Just picked up a 2010 625 very nice boat I have been triton and skeeter guy forever first blazer very fast boat for sure I am a solo fisherman for most part any advice on set up on these boats pro shaft heights do these boats like minimal trim I know seat time will be the best thing but would like as much info as possible from others with these boats

2. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    On that rig, about 1in. below the pad is close to perfect from what I remember when Ken and I set it up. I liked to fly the bow on my 625 to get the best speeds, but take it slow, seat time is your friend.

3. Member
    yes i can tell seat time will be most help i think Mr Ken said it was around a 1.5 below but i might have to measure it out again and double check it but thanks for the info i will let you know how it goes thanks Jason

4. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Good luck and congrats on sweet azz rig. I remember seeing that rig right after it came out of the mold and I thought it was one of the prettiest rigs that I had seen.

5. Member
    wow i didnt think those motors would run that high only a inch below like i said i dropped it down about a half inch the other day i thought it was to high and it really upset the handling of it so i took it back to a 1.5 inch below and going to try it there.

6. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    You have to forget everything you thought you knew about bass boats...this ain't a Skeeter.... Usually, the higher the motor, the better it handles. I have driven your boat at 80 mph with no hands on the wheel before.

7. Member
    I have been experimenting with mine some and +1 to what Jason said. It seems to like 3/4 to 1 inch below depending on if I am heavy or real heavy.

8. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    My 625/SHO ran the best at even - 1/4" below the pad.....a hydraulic jackplate on a 625 is a must have IMO for the best overall perfomance.

9. Member
    Agreed! Hydraulic is the only way to go. And no Jason I am not just agreeing with you on everything just to blow your head up...LOL!

What is the best prop to run on the 625 with the Pro XS?
    Ricky Rutherford
    2017 Legend V20
    2017 250 Pro XS

11. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Not sure, since I am hearing the new Pro XS's have been de-tuned by Merc to meet new EPA standards.......

12. Member
    Mine has a tempest plus 27p guy I bought it from said he ran a txp that was great speed prop but tempest was best all around

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel1 View Post
    My 625/SHO ran the best at even - 1/4" below the pad.....a hydraulic jackplate on a 625 is a must have IMO for the best overall perfomance.

what was the best prop for your setup

14. Member
    not to steal threat but question, do any of you guys have a verado pro 250 on your 625s i picked up an 18 last week and it is awesome so far only been out in it once 3 guys 3/8 tank fuel full live well rand 72 still learning the jackplate and trim any info would be great Perry

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel1 View Post
    Not sure, since I am hearing the new Pro XS's have been de-tuned by Merc to meet new EPA standards.......
    I have heard the dyno numbers are better than 2 stroke. Which results in having worse gas mileage than the 2 stroke.

16. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    That post was from 2013....I was talking about the 2 stroke Pro XS.