Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Yep...I have a lower unit coming in tomorrow. I have to drive about 4 hours to go get it...but I'll be back on the water tomorrow afternoon!!!! I feeling better but my friend wallet is screaming!!!!!!

Hey Mike! Now that your back up and runnin'..... catch any yet?---catch any yet? -----catch any yet --catch any yet?

3. Member
    Lol...man I don't know if I just suck....or that the bite isn't on again yet. We just got off the water and we caught 5 between the two of us...nothing picture worthy. Water temp is 64 degrees. Saw a few big bass but couldn't get them interested in what I was using. I have one more chance to try my luck.

4. Banned
    Sounds bad Mike, hang in there it aint over yet. Good luck.

5. Member
    Well it's over. And I'm kinda glad....lol.
    Fishing was TOUGH. We caught 5 on Friday and 7 on Saturday....go to pull out of camp to head for home and my brake caliper on my trailer falls off. I was so pissed I ripped it off put the wheel back on and headed for home. That WHOLE trip was plauged with problems...one thing after another. Massive cold front, junk lower unit...break caplier falls off. You'd THINK that I don't take care of my stuff....but that totally not true. Guess it was just my turn.

I did take a few pics...mostly just the areas we fished and a few gators...and a few fish...but they are nothing to write home about.

I did manage to pull a few out of the hyrdilla mats.....talk about an intense battle. 7'11" Veritas rod...80lb braid....2oz tungsten weight.....I loved it and could do that ALL DAY EVERYDAY!!!!

I will go back...

6. Fish&Ski Boats/Ohio Fishing Reports Moderator MasterCASTER!'s Avatar
    Man Mike - sounds like you've got the Mizeres curse. That kind of chit happens to me all the time..........I've been through 3 trolling motors in the last 3 years on my boat. Chautauaqua will expose EVERY weakness your boat has...........

Two years ago - my water pump froze up, and I didn't realize it until I smelled smoke. $500 later and it was fixed. First trip out in my boat (bought it in Jan, first trip wasn't until March) - my brakes were locked up..........that little dandy cost me $450. Went to that welding shop by Portage lakes - Friese Welding - and they fixed me up.

you know what they say:

B - bust
    O - out
    A - another
    T - thousand

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

7. Banned
    Yeah guys we all been there, one thing I know is to expect the unexpected with a boat behind you.

Yeah, that's a shame to have problems like that on vacation plus shitty weather.

9. Member
    I know it's been several months ago...but I was flipping back and forth between memory cards on my cell pone and saw some of the pics I took while in Florida....as bad as that trip was....I am wanting to go back and do it all over again!!!

So here are a few random pics that I took along the way.

This is a 5lber that my Dad caught in Sarasota at the campground they had been staying at!!!

This was just before we left Sarasota and headed to Camp Macks

This is the canal leading out of Camp Macks into the Kisimmee River.

This guy was sunning himself on the edge of a thick mat.....anddddd

these fools were standing less than 50 yards away!!! lol

Random Lake Kissimmee shots..

..and even one of those mythical (at least for that week) fishes that swims in the water down there.

Last edited by Flippin 416; 09-27-2013 at 08:29 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12