lower unit oil capacity Vmax 150?

I have a 1999 Vmax 150 I was wondering what the lower unit Oil capacity was?
    thank you

29.4 ozs, there is a manual link at the top of the Yamaha board.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

3. Member
    Im sorry I didnt realize that but now I am happy you pointed it out I am sure I can find some uses for it

Nothing to be sorry about, just letting you know to help.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

5. Banned
    I would ignore any capacity information that you may find, because between the owner's manual and the service manual, and other Yamaha data, the amounts don't always agree. Below is the latest that has been published by Yamaha. But with a gear case you don't just add a specified amount of gear oil, you fill it up until you cannot put anymore in.

Recommendation is to get a one gallon bottle of oil with the Yamaha pump. The added weight of the one gallon size will help hold the bottle in place while you are using it. Slowly pump oil into the fill port until bubble free oil comes from the vent hole. Stop and take a five minute break to allow the oil to find its way into nooks and crannies that are within the gear case. Then, slowly top off the lower unit. Install the vent plug. As quickly as possible, so as to not lose oil, remove the pump nozzle and replace the fill plug using a new gasket. Torque to specification.

Oh, and check to make sure that the old gasket comes off with the vent and fill plugs. If not, remove them from the lower unit.

6. Member
    Just changed out the Yamaha mud that the new lower had in it when I got the boat. When it was cold it would not shift into forward, it would just grind. All the adjustments are good and a little heavy to forward. With Amsoil in the lower and the idle dropped to 600 it goes in every time now. I used just a little over a quart like jethro's chart says. CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.