Recessed trolling motor pedal tray on a 2001 TR186

I bought the comfortroll tray and am planning on installing it. will it compromise the structural stability of my deck if I cut into the member rinning down the center of the deck? I know it's wood and ends about a foot from the bow but still have worries. Anyone done this?

2. Member
    Installed a Trollwell in my 2002 Tr 21 no regrets or structural problem.

No wood in Tritons....do a search on BBC there are LOTS of folks that have done this and no problems that I know of

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

4. Member
    I put one on my 2001 TR-19 and it works great..... No regrets...

George Brock

2015 920 Pro/XP
    2015 Mercury 250 Pro/XS
    Twin 8' Powerpole Blades

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GBhoss View Post
    I put one on my 2001 TR-19 and it works great..... No regrets...
    Did you have to cut the devider I am referring to?

6. Member
    what do mean by member running down the center of the deck isnt that where your boxes are at..i put one in my 03 tr20 no problems.
    jack
    08 21x2 250 proxs
    USAF (retired)
    CA

7. Member
    There was a cross member (side-to-side) that had to be trimmed/notched/shaved to make the tray fit properly.

George Brock

2015 920 Pro/XP
    2015 Mercury 250 Pro/XS
    Twin 8' Powerpole Blades

8. Member
    Check out my video. 2000 Triton TR20
    Check out my channel if you like bass fishing!

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheWorkingFisherman/videos

9. Member
    thanks for the feedback but the 186 sounds like it's laid out different from the 19 and 20. The video was helpful though. here is a diagram of what Im dealing with. I have no idea why it will only upload the thumbnail but the red line is the compartment devider/structural member.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sacrtrain; 03-05-2013 at 07:30 PM.

10. Member
    Here is a link to a previous post that has some photos. http://www.bbcboards.net/triton-boat...-question.html His layout is the same as yours. Notice how he traced the side profile of his tray & cut the support to match the profile. This ensures the bottom of the tray sits completely on the support. I have an 03 TR186 & have the same layout as you. My wife just bought me the same tray & I will be installing mine as soon as I get a little free time. I also need to decide how far forward I want to install the tray .
    Good Luck,
    Mike

11. Member
    When I installed the tray in my TR20 I did the following to determine position. I had already ran some time without a tray at that point so I basically had the pedal where I found it comfortable to use. I simply allowed a few extra inches as it would be flush (lower) now and sat the tray down so that it would allow the pedal to sit there. From there I used my guide and made the cut, worked great for me.

12. Member
    did the same as mark...
    jack
    08 21x2 250 proxs
    USAF (retired)
    CA

13. Member
    Sweet. Ill take a few pics and post how it goes if anyone is interested.

14. Member
    So did you install the tray, and did you cut into the center seam support to make clearance for the tray? Just wondering as I'm in the same situation right now. Thanks

15. Member
    I did it to my old 2003 TR185 which is the same boat as TR186 with fewer options. It was very easy. Here is a link to one of my previous post. Go down to Post #9 for a description. That post has another link to another one of my posts that contains photos. The 2nd link is post #7. I gave my nephew that boat since then. He won an Ultrex at the Bassmaster Classic in Houston so he had to install a larger tray so the Ultrex pedal would fit. We followed the same procedure using pegboard material as a template & it worked perfectly. I tried using a jigsaw at first but didn't have very good luck with that. I know some people have used one but it didn't work well for me. I used an Oscillating Multi-tool from Harborfreight to do all the cutting. The single speed versions are $16 with one of their 20% coupons. I actually used the variable speed model which costs right at $32 with their 20% coupon. I think I went through 2 or 3 blades but it was very easy. With the pegboard template screwed to the deck, I just laid the blade against the template and just made plunge cuts & just followed the template. Let me know if you have any questions. If you need to call me, just send me a P.M. and I can give you any info you may need.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....t=#post5960177
    Have a Blessed Day,
    Mike

16. Member
    I installed one on 2003 TR19. No wood. You do have to notch out the cross member for pan to go down all the way as mentioned before. You will love it

17. Member
    Mine came with one and I wish it didn't have it! I like my pedal a little to the right but the recess is dead center...lol