250 HPDI spark plugs

I carry an extra set of plugs for my HPDI, I don’t carry a gap tool with me in the boat and have never really thought about it, but do these newer plugs need to be gapped before replacing? Had a guy tell me that these newer plugs don’t really need gap tested before replacing as they are all pretty consistent. Thoughts?

2. Member
    Beings they are a duel pronged plug, the gap is "supposed" to be factory set, but I've had a few that were not.
    Doesn't hurt to check em.

3. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Also beware of Chinese fakes ...http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1024039

4. Member
    I have purchased the NKG OEM replacements for a 250 HPDI and honestly the factory present gap was not uniform and I had to reset the gaps. Infact with the dual electrodes one side might be in spec and the other side out of spec. So now Im wondering if I could have been dupted with some chinese imitations.

You can order the NGK plugs from your local parts store. I’ve never had to gap my plugs.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,