Getting old, knees bad, which deep v aluminum?

I'm 56 overweight with a bad knee. I'm tired of hawling my carcass out of the bottom of bass boats. I am trying to decide between the Crestliner Fishhawk 1850 and a Lund Impact 1875. Either will be equipped with a Mercury 150 4 stroke and a MinnKota Fortrex 80 foot control. I fish for crappie in open water over structure and brushpiles, timber, and bridge columns. Please tell me which you prefer and why between the Lund and the Crestliner. Thanks

Crappie fish fry. It don't taste any better.

2. Multi-Species Boats/Ontario Club Moderator
    I like the Crestliner, after riding in a lot of Lunds and a few Crestliners I like the layout and ride better.

3. Banned
    make sure ya check out Alumacraft also

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by PolarKraft195; 03-06-2013 at 08:54 AM.

Got the best deal on the Lund. Think I am going with that. Kind of surprised me it was the least expensive of the 3 of Alumacraft, Crestliner and Lund. Getting a 150 Mercury 4 stroke, a Humminbird 1198 on the console and a Humminbird 998 on the bow and a Minn Kota Fortrex 80. I think I will be ordering it tomorrow. I love my wife. She said get what you want.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat55 View Post
    I love my wife. She said get what you want.

NOW THAT'S A KEEPER!!!!

6. Member
    I bought an 03 Crestliner Sportfish 1850 in 2010 with a 140 John/Zuki 4-stroke and I absolutely love it! All I've done to it is add all my elctronics and basic maintenance, that's it. I've had it out 24 hours in just about everything but snow and I've had it airborne a time or two (courtesy of the Buckeye Navy) and I have had zero problems. The only thing that would make me happier with this boat would be if it was 22 or 24 feet, and that would only be needed if I ever started guiding.

7. Member
    If you're fishing a lot of open water I'd go with a Terrova. No standing on the trolling motor all day if it's windy. That's worth a lot to your knees and back.

2010 Triton 190 Escape w/150 Optimax pulled by a 2016 F-150 FX4 SCrew 3.5 EB

Quote Originally Posted by ClaySlayer View Post
    If you're fishing a lot of open water I'd go with a Terrova. No standing on the trolling motor all day if it's windy. That's worth a lot to your knees and back.
    Had one and the mechanical head is too slow to react. Spot lock does not hold as still as I need when crappie fishing. Somedays a crappie wants the jig still. With a Terrova it's always moving. It's also too slow to react around timber and bridges. Makes for gelcoat damage. I tried it for a month and sold it and went back to cable drive. That was a $500 lesson.

9. Member
    Good luck with your Lund. I had a Lund 1775 for ten years. It was a good boat. I appreciate your comments on the Terrova. I currently have a Minn Kota Maxxum on the bow of my glass boat and was thinking of swapping it out for the Terrova. Your comments will make me rethink that swap. Perhaps you just saved me the same $500. Those are some nice crappie you are holding in that picture.

I think the Terrova has a place in fishing. Like schooling fish; stripers, sand bass, hybrids, slow trolling, or following a track casting at a bank or treeline for bass. Thanks for the compliment on the crappie. That's all I do.

I would go with a center console of some kind,night and day for comfort over a side console,

12. Member
    I have an 2003 Tracker Targa 18sc with a 115hp 4stk.. Wish I would of got the 150hp.
    Great boat in all waters.. Replaced 2 of the seats with Attwood SAS seats.
    My Terrova has + and - stuff... I like it when you have to re-rig a pole..Help the grand kids..get that big one in..
    .. the spot lock works for that... Have not have it out since I installed the Point-1 networked to my HDS 8 and 7.
    The only thing I do not like is the high free board.. the wind really pushes you around.
    A glass boat would not be so bad with the wind.
    Good luck--- Have fun...
    Rick

\"\"May the Force be with US\"\"