Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
  1. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Best I can do is send you what I have may be helpful may not. Welcome to the forum.

2. Member
    I appreciate the welcome, been lurking around the boards for a long time but just came across this post that looks helpful. Thanks again and I'm sure I will have more questions and will try to help when I can.

3. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Lots of great folks here, Bill. Glad you joined us!

I see most are asking for wiring diagrams. Some, if not a lot of these old boats have had some wiring replaced by a guy that only had a 300 yard spool of 16 gauge black wire. It can be difficult to trace wires which was my experience with my 184. If you have that problem it is easy to run new wire in the 184. On each side of the fuel tank there is a big black round plastic door. Unscrew it and use an old rod or a fiberglass 3 piece rod available at home depot, lowes and many other stores to push your wire through. I put new fused switch boxes in and ran new wire to them (the correct color) and saved myself a lot of time. Also, in the 80s they wired most boats for a 12/24 trolling motor and the wire gauge is not heavy enough for the newer 24 volt trolling motors. I ran 6 gauge red and black wires with a 50 amp inline breaker on the red wire about 6" from the tm batteries to the tm plug up front and abandoned the 12/24 switch. You can find a wiring diagram for a 24 volt trolling motor online. You may have 4 wires running up front now and you can abandon them. I hope this saves you some time if you decide to rewire this way. I learned a lot from frustration, and trying to deal with the wrong color wires being used in the past. You can use a multi meter or test light to trace wires as well but it is very time consuming and I preferred to have new wire anyway. I chose to do it this way and my electrical system is working great. I did not mess with my ignition or trim harness. It was working fine. If you decide to go this route I can show you the switch boxes I used. We have a lot of experts here and I am not one of them. For example, I have squeezed in between the steering wheel and the console many times and finally realized it is much easier if I remove the steering wheel. Duh! I realized electrical.work is much easier that way. I have found that learning by doing and maintaining the boat myself gives me more pride of ownership in the boat. I have learned my boat well and it is enjoyable and much less costly doing your own work. I hope you enjoy your 184s as much as I enjoy mine. It is an awesome boat and claimed to be one of the best, if not the best boat Champion made. I gutted my bilge and rebuilt the pump system the way I wanted it to work which was a whole different kind of game meaning the addition of a pumpout which the old boats didnt have. I will also say my t shirt says "Bilge diving sucks" My boat is an 89 184 DCR
    Mark Blackburn

89'184DCR, ProV 150
    Hobbies: bilge diving and standing in traffic.

5. Member

champion bass boat wiring

Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    Best I can do is send you what I have may be helpful may not. Welcome to the forum.
    redoinga20.4 bass
    boat cant find anying on it
    mickey
    mldlgd@gmail.com
    champion bass boot 20.4

6. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Sent, you've got mail

7. Member
    Looking for a manual for a 98 Champion 171.
    dherald@gmail.com

8. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Not gots.

9. Member
    Just recieved my dad's boat lost him in January. I'm looking for manual for 1992 champion 184 elite tigerautotint@gmail.com thanks

10. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Ctiller, I'm sorry about your loss. The manuals are not model specific...and sometimes not even year specific. Hopefully, someone will have one which will cover your year. You might have to start a new thread.

11. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    I'll send you what I have, sorry for your loss.

12. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Speaking of manuals........
    I have a 1999, 202dc
    Would be awesome if you have one for that boat too.
    Thanks either way!

13. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Ctiller, sent you a copy of a 93. Didn't know if ChampioNman had a copy of it to go with his. Sorry for your loss, Charlie. I'm in Abilene, so if there is anything I can help with don't hesitate to holler.

14. Member
    Just bought a 2006 Champion 186 and need an owners manual. Thanks in advance
    rietmank@icloud.com

15. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Wish I could help you,, I've got a Mt. Home manual and a manual from 1997-2003.

16. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    I have a 2007 manual, and there is nothing in it about the operation of the systems or wiring diagrams ... Just generic boating procedures and safety info.

17. Member
    Greetings, all. Championman, do you have a manual for a 1985 Champion I can get from you? hatchjoshua@ymail.com Thank you in advance.

18. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    What I have is for that ERA Champs not model year specific. But it is on its way. Enjoy!

19. Member
    What I have is for that ERA Champs not model year specific. But it is on its way. Enjoy!
    Anything for 2000 203?

20. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Need an email addy.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast