Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Glen View Post
    How do you hook up your charger to charge both batteries at same time, when they are wired in series?
    The same way + to + and - to -. I know it doesn’t feel right. I had a hard time with it at first to. But there is no feed back like your thinking. I had mine like that. For two years, until I got a 24v TM.

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

2. Member
    The current aluminum battery tray is 24.5 long by 13.5 wide. Three batteries, even group 29's deep cycles, will fit side by side easily in the tray. We do 24V upgrades to a Maxxum 80 on about half our 175's. No fitment issues at all.

Kind of off subject on this old thread but how is everyone cleaning the battery compartment area or what is the proper way to cleaning inside the compartment? My new to me boats compartment is dirty with grime and such and want to get it nice under there.
    Always Ready!

Really like in this set up.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

5. Member
    Ok guys I know this tread has been going for a while so I will try to ask my question here... I have a 2009 pro team 190 tx. I am currently 12v and want badly to convert to 24v. Currently in my compartment is a 27 series cranking and a 29 series trolling battery, oiler and on board charger. I can not see where to add the 3rd battery with out doing something with the oiler which I would prefer NOT to delete. ANY SUGGESTIONS

Take a look at the first post from Roy. I believe he has all 29s or at least a 29 with 2 27s. Same bilge setup as you have.

2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

7. #FRB
    Quote Originally Posted by 07Tracker190 View Post
    Ok guys I know this tread has been going for a while so I will try to ask my question here... I have a 2009 pro team 190 tx. I am currently 12v and want badly to convert to 24v. Currently in my compartment is a 27 series cranking and a 29 series trolling battery, oiler and on board charger. I can not see where to add the 3rd battery with out doing something with the oiler which I would prefer NOT to delete. ANY SUGGESTIONS
    Measure and see if you can put the third battery in one of the rear compartments. And you can switch to a pair of group 24's. Trust me, if you run down a pair of 24's with a 24v on that boat you're probably in wind or current you don't wanna be in anyway. Or better yet, get a pair of group 34 agm batteries. You could mount an agm upside-down if you wanted to. You might be able to keep all the batteries in the bilge with the oil tank if you have a space way back by the transom to mount a small battery like a 24 or 34. I could probably get 4 batteries in the bilge of my 2016 175txw with some hillbilly engineering. I have a 4-stroke though so no oil tank.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basstrackeroptimax View Post
    I almost did it that way too but i had long enough wiring. Youre right tho there is alot of room under the splashwell for a charger even a 3 bank but i want a power pole someday.
    That's where I have my 3 bank charger at.

I was finally able to respond to your thread on the Electronics/Trolling Motor Board.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

You say oiler im assuming oil tank you running a 135 opti?
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basstrackeroptimax View Post
    You say oiler im assuming oil tank you running a 135 opti?
    Yes 135 opti... The oil tank takes up quite a bit of room but I do NOT want to delete. Cant stand mixing and really don't trust myself to do it.. LOL. I thought about using one of the rear compartments as mentioned earlier for the starting battery maybe???

Yes 135 opti... The oil tank takes up quite a bit of room but I do NOT want to delete. Cant stand mixing and really don't trust myself to do it.. LOL. I thought about using one of the rear compartments as mentioned earlier for the starting battery maybe???
    Someone correct me if I am wrong, but unlike the old oil injection motors, I do not think that you can disconnect the oil injection on an Opti and have it run properly. If I recall, it has something to do with the computer measuring the proper amount of oil to be injected.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

13. #FRB
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    Someone correct me if I am wrong, but unlike the old oil injection motors, I do not think that you can disconnect the oil injection on an Opti and have it run properly. If I recall, it has something to do with the computer measuring the proper amount of oil to be injected.
    Pretty sure you are correct. Dang new technology...
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

14. Member
    Anyone added a 3rd battery for a 2011 tracker 175 TF (not TXW)? Thanks

15. Member
    Anyone bow mount batteries for trolling motor on tracker pro team 175?

16. Member
    anyone happen to have some photos of how they have mounted power pole pumps?? ive got a 2019 195 TXW... just looking for ideas

62780FCB-E22F-4F5B-B7DC-B0BFDE2F0141.jpeg
    Well mine will be different for sure. I took out the 21 gal tank and had a 11 gal tank built. It is snug. But there are 2 pole pumps side by side. 3 batteries, charger. I can get more pics if you’d like.

2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678