Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Bass Tracker Battery Compartment Pics

This thread is for posting pics of your battery/charger layouts on your Tracker Boats. May help someone out with the same boat as you in making a battery or TM upgrade.

Heres a few pics of the way i have my batteries arranged on my PT 175. Hope this helps you guys that want to upgrade to a 24v trolling motor. I have a DEKA 27M6 cranker and 2 29 DC Everstart trollers. Its a tight fit but it all goes in pretty easy and still some room for a power pole pump if I want to install one in the future.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
    Last edited by TritonTRXV8; 12-24-2014 at 12:58 AM. Reason: Update pics and info
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Looks good man! Looks just like mine - but a lot cleaner! lol

Curious - where is your on board charger located?
    2014 Ranger RT188
    Mercury Fourstroke

Thanks matfish. Lol. Yea im very particular about cleanliness lol. I dnt have my charger mounted anymore. Too heavy and i never use it on the water. I have my charger mounted on a tray that i carry out to the boat and plug everything in. When i get ready to fish just unplug everything and good to go. I always charge at home i figure why carry it around.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Quote Originally Posted by basstrackeroptimax View Post
    Heres a few pics of the way i have my batteries arranged on my PT 175. Hope this helps you guys that want to upgrade to a 24v trolling motor. I have a 24M Interstate cranker and 2 29 DC Everstart trollers. Its a tight fit but it all goes in pretty easy and still some room for a power pole pump if I want to install one in the future.

Attachment 40621Attachment 40620Attachment 40619Attachment 40618
    Thanks for posting these pictures BTO, looks like the same space as my 05 185 and I knew I would have to put the starter battery underneath but wasn't sure, I have an Interstate 29 for my current troller and it's almost new so I would just buy another like it. Did you have to rewire ( extend ) the starter wiring to reach that far back? Your gas tank looks like it's aluminum ? Mine is plastic, I wonder if your tank is as wide as mine?....
    Mike

BTO....another ? if I might.....not sure you mentioned what you upgraded to in the other post as far as your trolling motor but would like to know and if you are happy with it..... did you have to change the socket up front?
    Thx
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Ship View Post
    Looks good BTO. I was back and forth on which direction to mount the trays. My onboard charger is mounted up under the splashwell. Plenty of room under there for whatever kind of onboard charger you could want.
    Someday the batteries may all match.

Attachment 40627
    I almost did it that way too but i had long enough wiring. Youre right tho there is alot of room under the splashwell for a charger even a 3 bank but i want a power pole someday.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Thanks matfish. Lol. Yea im very particular about cleanliness lol. I dnt have my charger mounted anymore. Too heavy and i never use it on the water. I have my charger mounted on a tray that i carry out to the boat and plug everything in. When i get ready to fish just unplug everything and good to go. I always charge at home i figure why carry it around.
    Thanks Ship... Any chance you could post a pic? I'm trying to find a good mounting position for my charger...
    2014 Ranger RT188
    Mercury Fourstroke

Mike, the 29 series is the only way to go so you are good to go there. No the wires are pretty long. I actually still have excess cable coiled up behind the batteries. My fuel tank is the transparent plastic as well. I think they all have that. As for my trolling motor. I went with the motorguide 70# pro series 5 speed and no i did not have to switch the plug since the 8 gauge wiring is to spec for a 24v 70#. My next trolling motor will be a fortrex 80 tho. I want variable speed when this one dies.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Mike, the 29 series is the only way to go so you are good to go there. No the wires are pretty long. I actually still have excess cable coiled up behind the batteries. My fuel tank is the transparent plastic as well. I think they all have that. As for my trolling motor. I went with the motorguide 70# pro series 5 speed and no i did not have to switch the plug since the 8 gauge wiring is to spec for a 24v 70#. My next trolling motor will be a fortrex 80 tho. I want variable speed when this one dies.
    Thank You for the info, I kinda put the upgrade on hold last year ( guess I talked myself out of it ?? ) but now getting the itch again, have had many times where my 12v just could not stand up running against some wind for more than couple of hours.......and I guess tracker went transparent since 05 as mine is not.....

10. Member
    Thanks for all the pictures and words of wisdom. Weather looks not too good for the next week so off to get 24V TM, another Deep Cycle, another battery tray and a 3 bank charger tomorrow or Sat. Guess the old man will be busy next week.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mattfish11 View Post
    Thanks Ship... Any chance you could post a pic? I'm trying to find a good mounting position for my charger...
    20130214_145401.jpg

12. Member
    Anyone put anything under the batteries so they don't rub gas tank? Ship see something green under yours?

Your batteries don't sit ON the gas tank......they sit beside it. If you have them strapped down they shouldn't even touch.
    Would you like to see my dinger?

I think he meant so they dont rub the side of the gas tank......anyway i have 3 of the plastic battery trays that come with the hold down strap. Make sure you get the correct size tray tho. A 29 series will not fit in the stock 27 series tray. They are cheap enough and hold them in place pretty well and keep them from sliding around.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

15. Member
    great pics dudes! if i can figure out how to post pics, this weekend i will post a pic to show where i mounted my pp pump and charger. by the way yours pics show i should have enough room too. thanks again.

16. Member
    My gas tank isn't square. There is a 3-4" piece under the right edge of those batteries in these pictures. Looking forward from back, tank goes down to about even with the floor on the left side even with bottom of batteries, then juts left about 3-4" then down to bottom of boat. This is what I see. any way. Was concerned with anything "rubbing/vibrating" against the gas tank. What am I missing?

Tracker must have changed their tanks then. Id have to see it to understand i think. If you have a battery tray for the battery to sit it that will not allow it to move around and rub on the tank. It will just be rubbing the tray a lil bit from vibration etc.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

18. Banned
    Great post

19. Member
    Here is pic of my back compartment. It shows where the gas tank juts out left 3-4" about even with bottom of left side where battery trays sit. Was planning on getting battery trays.

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Old_Fisherman View Post
    Here is pic of my back compartment. It shows where the gas tank juts out left 3-4" about even with bottom of left side where battery trays sit. Was planning on getting battery trays.

What year/model ?? Mine has what looks like to be same tank but not with that extra plastic on bottom, sure does limit space.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast