Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Installation looks good. They sure made that a real PITA didnt they. Why do many hoses off the fuel tank now? Mine has the sending unit and one hose with a fitting that goes thru the transom and then to the motor. Is that all for venting the tank? In assuming another of EPAs brainstorms im sure.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

2. Member

Thumbs Up

Sweet...............Jiggy

3. Member
    Even with all the pia stuff, I still like the rig. This is my 4th boat boat plus 3 or4 I helped my dad with so used to the southern engineering part of boats. NOW I CAN GO FISHING!!!!!! That is if the ice ever melts.

4. Member
    great work in here by many, Thanks to all. I don't know how to post pics yet but in my 08-175 TXW I have a pair of 29's in the back with my cranking battery similar to "just old fisherman's" and I still had enough room to put in a master kill switch. I left the factory on board charger hooked up to the cranking battery but abandoned one bank of it for the following:

I put another 29 (interstate) in each of the rear tackle compartments & wired everything back to twin minnkota 220 chargers mounted (with spacers) to the carpet floor under the seats. I have a master buss and my main circuit breaker located here along with a master switch for 24V bank 1 (Bilge), 24V bank 2(storage), off or "1&2". (I have never run it on 1&2, I wasn't 100% comfortable that I wouldn't end up with 48V instead of 24V in parallel!).

I run a Fortrex 80 & LOVE it!

There is alot more room than a person may think just have to get creative with the layout. I know I could fit 3, 29 series if I wanted to. My DEKA cranking battery is a 27 series tho. Glad you got everything to work out. That fortrex is gonna be nice.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

6. Member
    Anyone who has a MK Edge 70 on a Tracker let me know how it is performing. I am about to go to get rid of my stock MG 46 and go to a 24 Volt 70 lb thrust... I am looking at the Edge 70 and the new X3 MG 70. Both are about the same price with current rebates. I do not want to start a MK vs MG string but would like to know how the Edge 70 is doing on a Tracker. Keep hearing about 1 speed too fast and 5 speed throwing you out of the boat. On the latter point I use top speed a lot on gas motor restricted reservoirs, generally fish alone am too old to be crawling back in a boat. The torque steer on high speed is another problem that I hear about and I have that problem with my 46. I understand that the new MG x3 claims to reduce torque steer and has a composite shaft and cable steer. From looking at it and the new mount it looks like a knock off of the Edge.

7. Banned
    welcome to the looney farm Me, the only thing I have against most TM's is those BIG A*S PEDALS, can't stand them, I LOVE wireless though and especially the PowerDrive's. Not what you're looking for I know. I have never have owned a Motorguide UNLESS I bought a boat that had one - and in 99% of the times I got the boat - IT wasn't working - and even IF it was, it was coming off the boat for trash or sold on craigslist to get a new Minn Kota.

8. Member
    I use an Edge 74 on my PT175 and have no complaints. I also just put an Edge 70 on my G3 Jon and it pulls that thing around great.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Army View Post
    Anyone who has a MK Edge 70 on a Tracker let me know how it is performing. I am about to go to get rid of my stock MG 46 and go to a 24 Volt 70 lb thrust... I am looking at the Edge 70 and the new X3 MG 70. Both are about the same price with current rebates. I do not want to start a MK vs MG string but would like to know how the Edge 70 is doing on a Tracker. Keep hearing about 1 speed too fast and 5 speed throwing you out of the boat. On the latter point I use top speed a lot on gas motor restricted reservoirs, generally fish alone am too old to be crawling back in a boat. The torque steer on high speed is another problem that I hear about and I have that problem with my 46. I understand that the new MG x3 claims to reduce torque steer and has a composite shaft and cable steer. From looking at it and the new mount it looks like a knock off of the Edge.
    I have a 24v 70lb Minn Kota Edge on my Pro Team 190 and it does great. Most of the time I run it on 2 or 3 and only occasionally on 1, 4, and 5. There is a big difference between speeds 4 and 5. I would buy this same trolling motor for my boat again in a heartbeat.
    2013 Pro Team 190
    2013 Mercury 115 Optimax Pro XS
    Minn Kota 70# Edge
    22p LightSpeed Prop
    Humminbird 898 at console
    Humminbird 598 at bow

10. Member
    Edge 70 is 549.00 at Academy, not a bad price.

Nothing wrong with the 70 edge TMs. Alot of guys on here running them and they seem to be good motors for the money. I have a 70# MG 5 speed and I have been happy with it also. Just wish that it had variable speed but I use speeds 2-3 almost 90% of the time and it is very smooth. I would imagine the MK is comparable that way.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Old_Fisherman View Post
    Well got the new 24V Edge on today. That pretty well takes care of it with the added battery and charger I put in last Fri. As I said before, batteries are tight and had to put my charger in the left rear storage compartment after removing the liner, some foam floatation & drilling a hole for wires to the back compartment. Liked the idea of mounting the charger on the rear compartment lid like someone mentioned, but with the valves & hoses on top of the gas tank it makes it about 1/2" too close. Think Tracker measured and rearranged tanks hoses to really cause me trouble. Not really perfect but should be plenty funtional. Only real issue now is loss of the storage compartment but I have plenty of storage left so no big deal.

Here are some pictures:

Compartment with charger:

Here is charger & hole to back compartment:

Here are batteries:

Here is batteries & gas tank with hose/valves I mentioned:
    I mounted a MK220 0n the underside of the gas tank lid, didn't want to give up any storage

No on board charger for me. I keep mine seperate and just hook it up after a trip and remove it before a trip. Less wiring in the battery compartment and less weight to carry around. (Weight kills speed you know ) I have it mounted to a nice base that I carry out to hook it up and it works really handy. I have a battery tender that I hook up to the cranker.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

14. Member
    Thanks for the replies on the MK Edge 70. Here in Maryland we mostly fish brackish water for Largemouth. I know it tecnically voids the warranty on a MK but if seldom if ever see anything but freshwater TMs on bass boats here..the big white SW models would be hard to miss and I do not see any. I always wash my MG off thorougly as I do the trailer and of course flush the Merc 50. I also posted this question about the FW Edge in SW. So...anyone have experience using the Edge in Salt or brackish?

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Army View Post
    Thanks for the replies on the MK Edge 70. Here in Maryland we mostly fish brackish water for Largemouth. I know it tecnically voids the warranty on a MK but if seldom if ever see anything but freshwater TMs on bass boats here..the big white SW models would be hard to miss and I do not see any. I always wash my MG off thorougly as I do the trailer and of course flush the Merc 50. I also posted this question about the FW Edge in SW. So...anyone have experience using the Edge in Salt or brackish?
    My previous Edge 55 was purchased with my G3 in 2005 and I just replaced it. It had been run in brackish water many, many times fishing for reds. The Edge 70 that replaced it seems like a better unit so I expect to get 9-10 years out of it too.

If you fish hardcore saltwater all the time I would think having the white SW models would be best but for occasional brackish water and mostly freshwater the standard TM are fine. They have Ss and composite hardware to.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

17. Member
    Thanks folks...that is what I thought. I fish brackish about 5 or 6 times per year and motor around a reservoir with the TM the rest of the time. My only concern with the Edge or the X3 is the foot pedal. I currently have the stock MG Pro 46 and it has done well in all environments. I like the fact that the bottom of the pedal is covered (probably like your Pro 70) but I notice that on both of these new TMs the bottom of the pedal is open exposing the screws, cable etc so I may just hit the area with WD 40 or anti corrosive spray. The MG X3 70 looks interesting...it is replacing the Freshwater and Pro Series. It has gone with cable steer instead of the rack and pinion and now has composite lower shaft. My concern is I hate to be the guinea pig for a new model. I have had good luck with both MG and MK but may go with the Edge because it has a track record.

Interestingly, I found this link when I was trying to rearrange my batteries...you guys posted some great pictures. Unfortunately, for some reason the PT 175 Special Edition does not have enough room in the battery compartment for three batteries. I have two trolling motor batteries now hooked up in parallel but Tracker put the second battery in the utility box like someone put the battery charger in the photo. I only have 13" from the side to the gas tank..even a series 27 battery will not fit in that space...maybe the Special Edition has a narrower beam than your PT 175. Anyhow thanks for all of the good info
    Charlie

I can understand how you feel not wanting to try out a new model right out of the gate. It is an interesting looking unit tho and I would like to hear some feedback about them just to see if they did in fact make improvements where they claim. I know the mount on mine is NOISY. All the steering components under the pedal will be Stainless and im sure all the electrical connections are sealed up. The Tour motors are the same way with the metal pedal and they dont have issues in that sense. Either way I dont think you are making a bad choice. That is interesting about the battery compartment space. Must be a difference somewhere. What year is your boat?
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Charlie, seems like Tracker had different tanks even for same year models, on my PT 185 ( 2005 year ) I only had 12.5 " of space and recently ( last week ) went to a 70# maxxum MK. Several different threads here from posting questions about battery placement and got a lot of feedback, considered mounting trolling batteries up front, considered moving starter battery to storage compartment, wanted to keep group 29's but in the end I ended up using my 29 as a starter battery and going to group 27's for the troller, all in the back. I shaved the group 27 battery handles off on both sides ended with them being 12.3 " long and they fit sideways, was told by Interstate and Sam's that it would not void warranty as they are only interested with the a good core. I did take the 2 bank charger and move it to the storage box......you will like the 70# ......IMG_1671.jpgIMG_1672.jpgIMG_1676.jpg

20. Member
    My boat is an 06 special edition..not sure how many years they made it but here is a good review and photos of it written in August 2005:

http://www.trackerboats.com/pressRoo...tfantastic.pdf

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast